question about weight loss and calorie intake

agnes_day

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
oklahoma
ok..does it matter when you consume most of your calories when you are trying to eat better and lose weight?
i ask because i use most of the calories allotted per day by lunch time, and its not a problem for me but i read that you arent supposed to do that..does it really matter?
for instance, today my breakfast was around 350 calories, and my lunch was around 500 or so calories.. dinner will be around 400-5oo calories.
is that acceptable or should i space them out? this is the only way i have been able to keep from really overeating and i would hate to have to switch that.

ill have to try that then...i have been eating really healthy...no diet meals or anything, just home cooking that has been sort of modified to be healthier.

Front load the day.

"Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a lord, Supp like a pauper"

Don't eat a heavy meal at dinner. Go for light salads fruit etc...

Try to eat smaller meals more often, don't get hungry through the day.

Make sure your plate is dominated by veggies and not meat or saucy things.

Make fresh fruits and raw veggies a dietary staple.

COLORS ARE GOOD!!!
All brown-is not a healthy diet color---get as many different colors on your plate as possible!!!

Drink lots of filtered water all day long.

thanks for the advice everyone
smile.png
smile.png

Like someone else said, another great tip is:

Make a rainbow on your plate! And not with Skittles and Fruit Loops.

Diets don't work. You lose the weight you want, then go back to eating the way you want.
Healthy eating works better as a lifestyle.

Also, don't completely deprive yourself of the things you like. Reward yourself every now and then. It's better to have something you want, than be angry & resentful because you think you can never have it again. Moderation is key. Don't reward yourself all the time, make it an end of the week treat.

I just learned about diets in health class. There were some really interesting ones. It's better to space out your calorie intake though.

Quote:
thats exactly what i am doing...i could never ever go without stuff i like on a permanent basis so what i am doing is just being more reasonable about eating.

Sounds to me like you're on the right path.

What also helps is less soda, more water. The only two things I really drink anymore is water, hot tea (periodically), and the bottled Lipton green tea with citrus. Cokes don't even taste good to me anymore. It's helped significantly.

I know your schedule is probably pretty hectic, but if you can fit excercise in there somewhere, it makes a world of difference. Plus, you feel ten times better. I'm not talking military style workouts (though, those can be fun). Take a walk, invest in a beginners yoga DVD. It doesn't have to be for very long in a day. Fifteen minutes, even.

Back
Top Bottom