question about what i saw when candling...very upset... posted pics

orlandoluv1

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
spring valley , CA
ok so i candled my eggs tonight. i am on day 10 currently all 3 have movemnet and look ok except that 1 of them has this really dark almost black shadow like a line running up the side of the sgg. allso where the peep is it is very dark and defined not like the other 2. i know i see him in there swimming around but im really scared abou tthat black line on the side. im sorry i cant explian it better but if anyone has any ideas on what it could be and if this little guy is gonna make it. thanks for your help

Last edited:
I think if it were a blood ring you wouldn't see the chick moving around. You are more fortunate than I if you see the chick moving. I have three left of five that I am hoping are OK, but I'm not sure as this is my first experience with candling and hatching! I'm glad the boody hen is doing her part wonderfully!
smile.png
Candle it every night to make sure you see movement. Have you looked at many pictures of a blood ring? Some have blood spots (dead embryos) and some don't. I don't recall seeing a picture of one with a live embryo in a blood ring.

I wouldn't candle every night, as it can let out valuable heat and humidity, but you could try one or twice a week
smile.png

I think if it were a blood ring you wouldn't see the chick moving around.

And it would definitely have a circular form .....

If you can see movement it's alive and well, at least now.

Keep an eye on it, and your fingers crossed. Bear in mind that nature appears to have a way of ensuring that eggs that were never meant to hatch, never do. It's sad, but it's normal.​

Back
Top Bottom