Question on day 6

Got it! I feel like i am going crazy because in so worried about them! I checked again one last time and the air cells on all have increased! So I am in the process of bringing the humidity up!

Got it! I feel like i am going crazy because in so worried about them! I checked again one last time and the air cells on all have increased! So I am in the process of bringing the humidity up!
fl.gif
Good luck!!!

Thank you!!! So far, nothing! I keep putting my ear up to the glass to see if I can hear anything but nope. No pips. But we are just at day 19 and 8 hours ;). Got the room humidity up to 62%. Hoping this is enough. I tried part of a wet sponge in the incubator this morning before lockdown but it had the lid fogged up and sweating in less than a minute. So I took it out. I sure wish I knew what the humidity was inside there!!!! I will keep y'all updated and thank you all for your help through this! Even if it turns out 0%, I learned a lot!

Day 19 (20 in an hour and 22 minutes) update: So remember I placed an egg in there to replace one I took out? Well I forgot to not open the incubator and candled, I'm not sure if it is alive or not but I was going to candle egg 3, my Cochin, and it was chirping in there! I freaked out and then remembered! Crap! No visible pips on any of them! My room humidity is not staying up where I want it so I placed a tiny piece of a sponge with a couple of drops of water in there, and again it fogged up the glass. I'm not sure what to do as I can't read the humidity inside the incubator! If I would have known in the beginning I would have been better prepared....maybe not mentally lol! Now I'm off to google how long before it should pip!

Day 19 (20 in an hour and 22 minutes) update: So remember I placed an egg in there to replace one I took out? Well I forgot to not open the incubator and candled, I'm not sure if it is alive or not but I was going to candle egg 3, my Cochin, and it was chirping in there! I freaked out and then remembered! Crap! No visible pips on any of them! My room humidity is not staying up where I want it so I placed a tiny piece of a sponge with a couple of drops of water in there, and again it fogged up the glass. I'm not sure what to do as I can't read the humidity inside the incubator! If I would have known in the beginning I would have been better prepared....maybe not mentally lol! Now I'm off to google how long before it should pip!
LOL. Usually you see the external pip within 24 hours after the internal pip. Or when you hear chirping inside the egg.
fl.gif
Hope you have a great hatch!

Oh gosh I don't think I can wait any longer! I watch a disabled boy at his home and I may have to bring him to my house today and tomorrow! I would be so upset if I missed the first hatch! I even woke up last night to check!

Back
Top Bottom