Question on Golden Polish Rooster

cathmor

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
Can anyone tell me is this is a bearded variety? He was supposed to be a hen but turned out to be a rooster. My sister's hen also turned out to be a rooster but he doesn't look like this. He has long wattles and no short black feathers under his chin. The online company where we bought the chicks told us they only breed the non-bearded variety but why does my rooster appear to have a beard and have short wattles? If you need better pictures I can post them. I didn't have the time to access them right now and wanted to get this posted. FYI this is the first time I have bought chickens so it has been a learning process.

I read that genetically you can get some non-bearded among your bearded. Can this also be true that you can get a few bearded among your non-bearded? I am trying to understand why my rooster is bearded when they claim they only raise and sell the non-bearded. It seems logical from my studies in genetics but seems that bearded would be a dominate trait although not necessarily.

Back
Top Bottom