Question on this incubator

yanks26

Songster
11 Years
Jan 9, 2009
Connecticut
http://www.qcsupply.com/Products/2650.aspx

In
the description of this incubator it says it can hold 30 eggs. Now if you count the eggs in the photo there are 24 eggs just on ONE HALF of the incubator. Am I not understanding things right or can this incubator clearly hold more than 30 eggs?

Sorry for the question I just wanted to know since I am looking to buy it.

Humm, maybe they meant 30 if you don't get the turner and have huge eggs. You can get more in a bator with a turner then if you lay them flat and hand turn them.

Thats what I was thinking. Clearly, the turner is necessary in hatching more chicks. Thanks for the help!

47 Eggs! Wow. Now thats a good deal for an incubator which only costs $90 (w/ turner) compared to the Octagon 40 which holds the same but costs $400 more than this one!

Do you plan to hatch a lot of eggs over time?

When I bought my first incubator, I really wish I had gotten the one with a fan to circulate the air. It's more expensive, but you will possibly get a better hatch. Also, I invested in automatic turners, and that was such a good thing! There was no way I was going to remember to turn those eggs everyday day, 3x a day....

I have a Little Giant Still Air and a Hova Bator with a fan. The Hova is much studier too, although they are both made out of styrofoam....

Good Luck!
Christina

Ps- probably 30 eggs without turner, maybe 42 with? There has to be room for turner motor and that cuts into egg spaces

Quote:
Yes , but you get what you pay for. the cheap incubators dont last as long,harder to hold temp and humidity.
I have a turn X that has been used for 20 years.

They work for some people, but I like those that you can just about SET IT AND FORGET IT.

Quote:
those two really cannot be equated. that's an apples to oranges statement.

the Brisnea Octogon 40 is not still air.

still airs are inexpensive and draw beginners because of the price. like the others have stated, they do not hold up as long. also, still air can be VERY frustrating to the user.

save up a little more and get something that will last, be easy to use and that you will enjoy.

(hint hint...Hova Bator Genesis....)

Quote:
I bought mine today.....
wee.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif

Now these Hova Bators, I was looking at some...I know that they normally have an air fan kit included but can you also get a turner with it?

They arent even that much more than the Little Giant so I would definitely look strongly into getting one!

my Hova came with out an auto turner so i have always hand turned. and they are pretty durable i have had mine a little over 2 years with only minimum damage.

mine is the Hova-Bator 1602N Still Air

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom