Questions. Help please

Pics
You got my curiosity up about what geese eat. Here's what I found and it may have some feeding tips you haven't heard about. https://poultrykeeper.com/keeping-geese-faq/feeding-geese/

I'm wondering what you've been feeding him besides the Flock Raiser. Perhaps he needs more grassy foods in his diet than he's been getting. You might think about getting him a bale of high quality (first or second cut) alfalfa during the winter.

I give him his feed and sometimes I'll soak an alfalfa cube for him. Thats pretty much all he gets in the winter. Should I try to find some hay? I can only get it from feed store so whatever they have there. I'll read the article.

The article was interesting, thanks for posting it. So where can I get the wheat? He doesn't like lettuce. I hope he likes the parsley. To ferment the cubes how many should I do? I don't have any FF liquid. What else can I use? Sorry to bother you again.

It appears you can use a tablespoon of yogurt with active enzymes or buttermilk or a little keifer to get the ferment going. I'd do maybe two or three cubes at a time for him, and use the "juice" from it to start more when needed. Or you can just add a cube as he eats them and the supply diminishes.

This will provide active microbes to his digestive tract and he's more likely to have no more issues because of it.

Geese definitely should have some grass during some parts of the year, For my geese, I will either put wheat(Grain Form) and put in a bucket with water to give them some needed nutrients or more recently what i've been doing is growing fodder for them inside in a nursery flat for them to eat, In the summer i usually don't do this since they have steady supply of grass and weeds to eat. Some people do feed their geese hay.

Back
Top Bottom