Questions on Framing

@U_Stormcrow Nice Job! :highfive:

Wait, what..... no floor? :oops:

Lol. No. @LightedPrism said she was placing this on concrete. Which reminds me, lay down the foam gasket material under your pressure treated 2x4 bottom plates to form a capillary break between the wood and concrete, will help extend its life. Run flashing around the outside, and when you set your SmartSiding, be sure to gap it just a bit, so its not in contact with the ground. 1/2" is fine.

Which reminds me, lay down the foam gasket material under your pressure treated 2x4 bottom plates to form a capillary break between the wood and concrete, will help extend its life. Run flashing around the outside, and when you set your SmartSiding, be sure to gap it just a bit, so its not in contact with the ground. 1/2" is fine.

Foam gasket like this? Foam gasket? I can do the half inch! Thank you!

I wasnt really planing on attaching it. i thought the weight of the whole thing would keep it decently still that way if any earthquakes happen its less likely to break the cement?

This will be quite light (relatively speaking). I was more concerned for high winds, than earthquakes. Recommend you rent a hammer drill / rotary drill and use some tapcons or masonry wedges to secure it to the concrete. Either way, will need a good socket set or wrench to screw it down - the socket set is best. I had to set [too many] when I built my barn. and chose the wedges. Drill. Place the wedge. Hammer into place. Tighten. One w/i 8" of very corner, and every door. So you want, 12, minimum. I'd buy 20+, and space them roughly every four feet along the ground. So you would have three in each door section, three each in the short and tall walls, four would be better, and three more in each of the two plain side walls.

Back
Top Bottom