Quick please! Blue or Black Ameraucanas which is better?

Well originally they were in with 3 roosters. He had 2 blue roos too. Maybe they'll be ok with just one roo. I feel the same way about the marans. Just need to convince DH.
wink.png
Hey would Welsummers work too? I like them as well.

Quote:
Yes, they will work too. I have a welsummer roo and 2 pullets. They eggs just *might* not be as dark compared to using a marans. But I'm going to try it and see how it goes.

I love my welsummers, and they are not even laying yet.

I hope they do good for you, looks like they have plenty of space to roam! I set 18 more eggs from them Friday and have a bunch due to hatch on the 8th. When these all hatch out they are getting sold, no more Ameraucanas for me for a while, Time for more Wyandottes!!

Quote:
That is probably why they have ware and tear. I think that with just one rooster and maybe a few more hens they would be great. Get some Marans they are awsome I also loved my Welsummers. I used to have a flock of BBS Ameraucana and two Wellsummer and two Marans hens. I gave them up to switch to Bantam Faverolles.

Henry

I gotta tell ya kevin I am in love with these birds. Especially one of the blue hens. She is so sweet. They have layed already and you are right the eggs are huge! They do have a lot of room to roam. We have a humongous yard and nothing but fields suround us. We are even in the process of building them a brand new coop. lol but their not spoiled or anything.
lol.png
I wish I couldve talked DH into getting the rest. Oh well. I guess I can hatch my own. Did anyone ever contact you about the rest of them? I had another person ask yesterday.

Yes I've had a couple folks contact me. One I'm gonna get chicks to at the Versailles swap in April and the other is suppose to come and get something from the remaining just not sure what yet hopefully the remaining 5!

Back
Top Bottom