quick question!

flossyfelix

Songster
Nov 10, 2016
Lumberton, North Carolina
Is it OK to feed my 2 Pekins "Game Duck Chow"?? Or could that be causing an overfilled crop? I sent my mother to the store & she didn't get their normal All Flock... (she didn't have a clue there was even a difference- in her defense.)

it could be, i think you are noticing her crop:

FIGURE 10. Digestive tract of the geese
y4359e01.gif

1. Oesophagus
2. Crop
3. Proventriculus
4. Gizzard
5. Pancreas
6. Duodenum
7. Liver
8. Gallbladder
9. Ileum
10. Caecum
11. Cloaca​

The crop holds the food for digesting, and so long as it is empty in the morning after not having food at night, it sounds like it is working properly

chickens really she pigged on the food and got a fat crop
big_smile.png

flossyfelix nothing to worry about, unless you are noticing other things like coughing, limping, ect(which means something else is wrong, then you ask us about it
wink.png
). My ducks do it all the time, your duck probably likes this food more lol
X2 on what DwayneNLiz said
The crop holds the food for digesting, and so long as it is empty in the morning after not having food at night, it sounds like it is working properly.

Last edited:
Not sure if Game Duck Chow is the same as Game/Show feed but if it is you need to cut the protein levels immediately. The Game/Show feed I buy for my quail is 26% protein and that is way too high. As was stated before you need to check the label for nutritional information.

My girl was very swollen the past couple of days in the breast area- it happened after I gave them the Game Chow- last night I didn't put any food in the house w/ them, like I was told; this morning she was back to normal, but I just went outside to check on them & she's back swollen again. This time more so on her right side.

I didn't give her food in their house again last night & she was emptied again this morning! Also, it didn't seem to get all full again today! It was definitely her crop! I didn't even think about her liking the food better@Bills vs Beaks!! & other than her being all big in the breast she was acting completely normal! She is a petite thing so it was very noticeable. Everything is good now though. Thank you everybody! I am so glad I finally decided to join the HTC family!! I can already see I will learn alot!

Back
Top Bottom