Quick - Roast chicken carcass...

Wildsky

Wild Egg!
12 Years
Oct 13, 2007
California
What can I do with it?

I've never tried before, but I NEED to make something and not waste a darn good chicken!

Edit to add: I used to throw bones away - but I want to save and use the ones from tonights dinner....

Last edited:
You could have stewed the bones with onion, garlic, carrots and celery and made the best chicken stock ever for soups and stews or mashed potatoes, etc.

smile.png

Last edited:
Of course and you don't have to have celery. I add whatever veggie scraps I have. I might even save the trim ends from asparagus and toss them in.

Fill the crock pot with the bones, the onions, garlic, pepper, whatever you have to use. Cover it all with water. Put on the lid, set it to cook. Tomorrow morning you house will smell like you have been doing gourmet recipes all night long. Let it cool. Strain out the bones and veggie pieces. You can put it in quart jars, or freezer containers and freeze it. Or you can toss in some noodles, fresh veggies have soup tomorrow.
smile.png

I have a huge roaster full of chicken bones stewing down now for stock.

You don't have yo wait. Put it all in the crockpot now. You can just cook down the bones and have plain stock. Then make soup or stew in it tomorrow. Don't waste the time you have to slow cook it over night. You will have the best broth ever!

Back
Top Bottom