R-COM mini incubator?

Quote:
don't get me wrong I'm a tightwad too! hey it saves money
smile.png

where can you get those cheap-but-big bators? I have only been looking at murray mcmurray and their bators are super expensive...

Check with homeandbarnbasics.com. They have good deals on there and that's where I'll be looking when I save up some money.

Depends on shipping! I picked up local eggs and had 6 out of 8 hatch, shipped in 15 miles same percentage, chicken and button quail.

Shipped across country I have had 0 percent twice, and the last time I had 50% from pennsylvania.

I think the newer ones are better, as you can re-calibrate them. Mine are going back to be updated and re-calibrated, so I expect they will be even better.

I also have an old Turn X 4 manual, that has only a tray for water, a fan and wafer thermostat that I have to turn manually. Keeping the temp stable is SUCH a chore as it does not compensate for room temp drop in the evening, that these little ones are so worth it for that. A lot of people mention those wrigglers, for the thermometer to be inserted into ( which actually act as a small heat sink as well) that I do not think I will go back to having to check temps and adjust it for two hours every evening ( not kidding) to get it to stabilize in the sweet spot.

Again, for those who A) have a lot of space B) like to helicopter over the eggs ( well, don't we all when we can) and C) need to hatch more eggs- this is not the right incubator.

Cheers, Jayne

They are wonderful for a classroom or school environment. They maintain thier own temperture so when the air shuts off it doesn't. If you are in at home environment maybe it is not needed but an environment that can't be as closely watched ideal.

Back
Top Bottom