R There docile, pure-breed, standard size, AMERICAN chickens?

My black sexlinks are dolls- I've had 4 of them over the last 6 years (2 passed on). They are so mellow and laid back.

I have 2 Dominiques and they are the sweetest birds in my flock. One of them insists on being picked up the minute my daughter walks into the yard and will sit in her arms until she falls asleep. My daughter keeps insisting she needs to be an inside bird
lol.png
The other Dominique is very sweet too and likes to be held but doesn't demand it like the one.

I agree with the previous post....I have Wyandottes, BOs, Dominques AND Barred Rocks in my flock.

My dominques are the sweetest and most docile chickens in the bunch. They aren't pushovers with the other chickens, but they are definately more outgoing towards their humans.

I would recommend looking into Dominques!

My exhibition Rhode Island Red are more docile than any other large breed I have ever had, really, no joke.

Another good one in my opinion is the Dorking, those hens I had were great.

My buff orpingtons were docile too, to people, but get a bunch of buffys in a pack with a new bird in the pen and its like a bunch of velociraptors, and they get the intro into the corner and beat him.

Quote:
yep!! i only have two buffies and they are always the ones to "teach" the newbies...and never let them forget. the delawares are next on velocirapator behavior!

Back
Top Bottom