Rabbit question? *Pictures posted*

Quote:
I have to disagree with the french angoras not growing wool in masses. This is my 4 month old jr. doe and she is only in second stage in this pic.

14951_img_3028.jpg

She does look gorgeous and her teeth are supposed to have a small overbite so she looks perfectly fine and I would say she seems to be in perfect hands and you're doing everything wonderfully. The cat on the other hand seems to be saying "Okay mom I said I wanted a buddy to play with not a bunny...." or possibly "Okay so how do I remove the batteries so the stuffed bunny stops running around..."
lau.gif

I had a neighbor that used to raise Angoras (I think English but not sure) outside (yes in Texas and yes I think the lady was crazy for doing so) for the wool because she used it to make scarves and hats and such with the yarn from it. Hers always picked up on drinking and eating when their coats started to fill out more like usually a couple months after a big plucking, so it could possibly be from that. Or she's just being a bunny and is trying to keep you guessing like the "dead" bunny in the cage trick I actually started crying when my old herd buck did that the first time, he was passed out sleeping and I couldn't see him breathing.
th.gif
Very naughty bunny.

Quote:
That would have scared me half to death. The real difference in appearance from French and English is the English have the tufts of fur atop their ears. They are SUPER CUTE!!!!

She had a mix then her buck was a French (no tufted ears and he seemed smaller?) and the 3 does were English although one was kinda sparse looking on the tufts so could havve been crossed. Seeing these pics I want a fluffy bunny again, anyone want to help me sneak a fuzzy bun into the house without my fiancee knowing?
wink.png

Quote:
Well I am a breeder and I do offer transport..... See the pic of my jr doe above. French's, pure-bred anyways, are 8-10 lbs full grown and then their HUGE coat makes them look gigantic. That pic above, she is only 4 lbs. It's all wool!

OP Your bunny is super cute! My Artanna is a REW and she is bred right now and due in two weeks.

Here is a pix of a 5 month old english doe. Her sisters are currently on the BIS table in open. At this particular show the young man and bunny went BIS youth! Not bad for a baby! By 6 months of age I have around 8-11" of staple length in the wool. By 11 months all are passing the 1 foot mark. Many of the EAs push through as much wool as my giants. The next pixs are the sisters, Char & Jewel, at 2 months. At the last show the BIS judge was harassing us about Miss Charmin not having a face ... he wanted to know which end eats! She is an amazingly wooled lady. By design, the EAs are the denser and heavier wooled animals. They run second to GA in production. This said, there is an EA in Hawaii that is outproducing GAs (recorded through the spin counters!) and many of mine do the same. The FA & SA carry less density and more guard hair, in that order. This combination makes them easier to handle and goom... also to spin. The guards help with the spinning and cut down on slippage. They were created that way. We have had all 4 angoras, plus the minor wooled breeds. We keep EA & GA for show and production because I love the dual purpose of the animal ... sweater and a meal! WooHoo!

44537_brock_2.jpg
44537_db_squeezeme.jpg
44537_db_jewelofnile.jpg

I think the English are sooo stinking cute because of the ear hair!!! They do grow more than Frenchs but frenchs have mass amounts of wool as well... Congrats!!!!

LOL @ which end eats!!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh alright! Thank you so much
big_smile.png

I knew they had to have a high protein diet but you just fixed any questions about diet that I might have had XD
They said she was an angora mix, sos he is most likely a French cross. That also helps me alot because now I can look up the French angoras and get a feel for them so I can better understand her temperament.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom