Raccoon attack! Help!

Sorry for how bad this looks, but here’s my one that got its leg ripped off. We are planning on putting her out of her misery, but is there anything that can be done. She smells so terrible, and I feel so bad for her. But if she can be helped, I would like to do it.View attachment 1997769
Put her in a box in a dark room. Spray her down with Vetercyn plus!
See if she'll have water... I'd try a tablespoon at a time.
Put Bactracyne on guaze and cover any wounds. If you can rinse crop with the Vetercyn plus and gentle put it back to her chest.
Cover with gauze also.
She'll need a shot of antibiotics but she can live through this. I nursed a rooster back from a dog attack three months ago with similar injuries. He's fine for wear now.
Vet gave us Silver Sulfadiazine for wounds.
Best of luck!
It'll take time, patience and love.
Get her to Vet for a shot as soon as possible! Took us over a weekend...but our boy lived.

Well, “Cleo” the one legged chicken was “dispatched”. I’m sad, she was the lead hen, but she wasn’t going to make it no matter what we did. She smelled like death and infection, and when we went back to the ranch tonight she was already nearly dead. I sprayed Vetricin on Dublin. She also had a small injury on the inside of her wing, but I don’t think anything is broken, and I sprayed it and put triple antibiotic ointment stuff on it. The picture makes it look worse, but there is no blood, the color is all from the Blu-Kote. Sorry the pic is really bad, I had to pin her down gently with one hand and take pictures, and move her feathers out of the way, LOL. I’m not sure how she’ll do, I can see down into her throat through this wound. Thankfully, it’s not a large puncture, even if it looks like it. View attachment 1997904
So sad for Cleo
Best of luck with Dublin❤️

Thanks :). Here are some pix from a few hours ago. She is the dark all red one.
1A091F89-0262-454E-99EE-BF8B54172278.png
B2D51BAE-1015-4240-8EE5-CEE72A564428.png

:) the light red one is Scarlet and the speckled one is Amber.

Back
Top Bottom