Raccoon attack in daytime I caught a raccoon with my barred rock he

Nonnapoo

Chirping
Jul 15, 2021
IMG_4587.jpeg
IMG_4589.jpeg
IMG_4588.jpeg

She looks in pretty good shape, considering what she's been through. Did you give her sugar water or electrolytes for shock? Wash the wound real good and coat it with a triple antibiotic ointment like Original Neosporin with no pain reliever in it? No need to wrap, actually. Wash twice daily and keep moist with the ointment and she should heal in no time.

She looks in pretty good shape, considering what she's been through. Did you give her sugar water or electrolytes for shock? Wash the wound real good and coat it with a triple antibiotic ointment like Original Neosporin with no pain reliever in it? No need to wrap, actually. Wash twice daily and keep moist with the ointment and she should heal in no time.
Thanks so mich for the advice. I hadn't thought about electrolytes. Ive been giving her scrambled eggs and she gobbles them up. She has a bad limp so i want to keep her crated for awhile.

Good job bandaging her up! I recommend keeping the bandages on her so you don't end up with a fly strike.

If she's eating the eggs good, go ahead and add some of her regular feed to them. She needs the balanced nutrition. You can also wet her food to make a mash, lots of times they go at it like it's a treat.

Back
Top Bottom