Raccoons

hobbit1123

Hatching
8 Years
Feb 27, 2011
so this past weekend I went out to feed our chickens and raccoons had gotten to all 6 of them
sad.png
I know we shouldn't get attached but I did so I was so upset this whole weekend...DH and I are supposed to go sometime today to get new chickens and while I'm working he's going to fix the coop

Start trapping! You more than likely don't have just one, but at least a few of them. I keep a trap set all summer long. So far three in 2 weeks along with another unwanted "guest". All dispatched. The trap hasn't been tripped in 2 weeks now so time to move it to another problem area.

Quote:
a lot of times there are 3-4 most times 5-6 trap until they quit getting in the traps I set out as many as I can the first coupla nights then move them a little and try again for a coupla nights

Because of low fur prices there aren't as many trappers around anymore - and there is no one keeping the pedators in check - I keep a couple leg hold traps always set around the perimeter of my chicken coop - they are on guard duty day and night- usually an animal will walk around the coop looking for a way to get in - that's when they get caught - I then shoot them in the head with a .22 - coons are particularly bad - their front paws are almost like hands and they can do all kind of things with them -

Quote:
the same political reasons that caused the "fur boom" of the 70's is about to happen again difference is a lot of folks do not know how to trap now
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom