Raccoons

Quote:
CCI Stingers are a bit "overkill" for dispatch of only a few inches away, 22 Shorts work just fine. CCI Stingers are good for Squirrels at 75 Yards head shots with the right rifle and rifleman.

i have a roahn rg10 .22 short pistol i use mostly for head shots,and it works great.i do some trapping as well as raising my chickens and turkeys.but for someone new,that may not be familiar with shot placement,i recomend the stingers.i started out with them.when they hit,no matter where on the head,its over.and in most cases there is no exit wound.

Last edited:
Quote:
Eley/Aguila makes a good one they work best out of pistols

Use whatcha got. My old single shot Winchester bolt gun is much quiter than a pistol or other rifle action. Folks with neighbors will find the .22 CB short is so quiet it sounds like a twig snapping in a bolt gun. Sorta does the job without rocking the neighborhood........Pop

It takes all kinds:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...uing-adopting-drowning-raccoon-164249793.html

This guy saw a raccoon drowning in the Colorado River so he went in and saved it, turned it into a pet. That eventually brought him to the attention of the police; he was arrested for an outstanding, unrelated misdemeanor that turned up in police records after authorities were alerted to the raccoon situation.

It seems lots of newspaper readers are concerned about the poor sweet raccoon.
barnie.gif

Same thing with me. I caught a feral cat several nights ago. I sent him to a local farm that takes them. Last night I caught a raccoon. 9mm will prevent him from coming back.
I'll keep the trap set up for his friends.
So far we lost three adults chickens and three chicks.

I use cheap bulk pack 22lr hollow points on varmints and for dispatching my meat rabbits. The cost per round is less than CB caps/22shorts. I don't have neighbors close by so noise is not an issue here.

Back
Top Bottom