Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!!!!

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I don't know about everyone else but I am SO SICK OF ALL THIS RAIN!!!!!!!! Everytime I check the forecast it says rain for next two days then sun on third day.....but when I check the next day it says 2 more days then sun on 3rd.....I feel like I am in Groundhog DAY
barnie.gif
My pens are all mud, my yard can't take any more water....inches of water in the yard. I am so glad I didn't seed the yard yet. I have a broody in my husband's garage(tarp type) because I am afraid her chicks will drown
he.gif
. So, who else is sick of this rain??

Count me in.

My onions and broccolli done did all drown. But I keep telling myself hey at least I am on TOP of the hill. Not in Mississippi or Louisiana. Now they are wishing for the rain to stop....

UM I am with you - ponding everywhere and in spots in my pasture my rubber boots almost get stuck like quicksand! The only positive here is i see the chickens getting nice big fat worms to eat!

he.gif
meee too! rain for 6 days straight-septic system backed up-barns flooded-runs disgusting-Calling for partial Sun Sat and Sunday but rain again for the next 6 days!
barnie.gif

Me also!!

The weatherman here said that out of the past 49 days, it has rained 39 of them.

Last month I scheduled this week off from work hoping to get started on my coop. I have 5 chicks that are 4 weeks old now and another 6 that are just 2 days old.

Needless to say, I didn't get my coop started yet! GRRRRRR!

Agreed! We had enough rain already. It seems it stops raining long enough to get all my tools out to work on the new turkey pen then it starts pouring
he.gif
Pack up the tools and head back inside, it's getting old!

In the last 100 some-odd days we have had only about 1/4 of an inch of rain. All the plants are dead, keeping up with watering the flock is hard with how dry everything is, especially the ducks and there is dirt in every crevice of everything. All we get is 30-60 mph winds 3-6 days out of the week
hmm.png
It's so dry a lot of the water we put out will evaporate and the waterers will all be bone dry by the time I get home from an 8 hour day. Rain may be bad for you guys but be glad it's not stiflingly dry.

My DD's class just learned about the dust bowl a couple of months ago. All the kids are freaking out because they are convinced they are going to get dirt pneumonia if we don't get a little bit of rain soon and the wind doesn't let up.

Quote:
If I could give you some of this water I definitely would. The bright side is that all of our green stuff is really green. Grass, trees, flowers. Looks lovely, just so dreary and wet.

Back
Top Bottom