Raising Baby Chick-Along

Pics
I relocated the chicken coop to try to give it more protection from wind and rain. Irma is predicted to hit here as a tropical storm early tomorrow morning. We are as prepared as we can be, I guess! This will be a first for all of us.

IMG_3706.JPG
IMG_3709.JPG

Welp, I have 4 lil babies under a heat pad, and they have yet to come out on their own. I did scoop them out from the heating pad cave to teach them where the water is, and left a small offering of al flock feed, though i'll probably boil an egg or two from my girls tomorrow and get a small bag of starter crumble for the little ones when someone is home to drive me around to a feed store.

Hi !
Looking for some insight! My girl Fiona went broody 3-4 days ago...we have been trying to keep her out of the nest to discourage her broodiness, but feeling we lost the battle today..LOL! So, we are just making sure she gets up 3 times a day to eat, drink, poop and dust.

Anyway...my other girl Sydney started getting aggressive towards Fiona yesterday and today????? It's happening when Fiona is out and about...she is REALLY clucky and puffy because of course she wanted to sit in her nest. When they are in their house together...no issues??? Fiona is content chilling in her nest box...Sydney is up on the roost or in her fluff. It's not really bad yet, but I want to nip this in the bud!

Can Fiona's broodiness when we boot her out of the nest and she is clucky and puffy be agitating Sydney???? We have had no issues until this point?

HEEEELLLPPP!!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom