Raising Chickens and Special Needs Kids

Pics
You must be getting what we're going to get, Cynthia. It's warmer here now after dark than it's been for days and we could see 38 degrees on Monday. Of course, that will be followed by another snowstorm, but hey, it's January in the mountains...nobody said anything about palm trees and cabanas!

Richard needs to give Kendra lessons on smart wheelchair use. We cannot get her to leave gloves or mittens on, and that chrome push wheel gets cold! And I do understand completely about wheelchairs in snow....as little as she is and as small as her chair is, I get a backache trying to push her myself in this garbage. <sigh> So happy that he got out for a bit but it stinks that he had so much trouble at the threshold to his apartment building. It's my pet peeve...all this money for disabled access and despite the ramps and the automatic doors and handicapped parking it's the little things that don't click with the builders.
he.gif

Well Richard posted something that I would like to share again. Not sure if you all know Lindsey Sterling. Quite popular with that violin now. When Richard first met her, he really helped with the youtube news to get things rolling.
Her father has been fighting cancer. He passed away today. This is what Richard wrote about him.......and...a bit... about what he has learned in life.

Many of you who are Stirlingites already know that this morning Lindsey's father, the great and noble author Stephen J. Stirling passed away and won his battle with cancer. Many of you may be confused by what I mean when I say "won"....let me explain. He never gave up fighting, he was a warrior of strength until the very end. Cancer has no more hold upon him, it cannot harm him any longer, and he is in the arms of his loving Heavenly Father. He had the courage to fight until the very end, because he was...brave enough. The single most greatest lesson I've learned in this life is that we truly win at life and are happiest when we simply just give our best efforts towards a difficult goal and recognize that it matters most just to have true and honest courage to do our best....despite the desired or undesired outcome. My love goes out to Lindsey, her family, and all the fans right now through this trying time.

Well Richard posted something that I would like to share again. Not sure if you all know Lindsey Sterling. Quite popular with that violin now. When Richard first met her, he really helped with the youtube news to get things rolling.
Her father has been fighting cancer. He passed away today. This is what Richard wrote about him.......and...a bit... about what he has learned in life.

Many of you who are Stirlingites already know that this morning Lindsey's father, the great and noble author Stephen J. Stirling passed away and won his battle with cancer. Many of you may be confused by what I mean when I say "won"....let me explain. He never gave up fighting, he was a warrior of strength until the very end. Cancer has no more hold upon him, it cannot harm him any longer, and he is in the arms of his loving Heavenly Father. He had the courage to fight until the very end, because he was...brave enough. The single most greatest lesson I've learned in this life is that we truly win at life and are happiest when we simply just give our best efforts towards a difficult goal and recognize that it matters most just to have true and honest courage to do our best....despite the desired or undesired outcome. My love goes out to Lindsey, her family, and all the fans right now through this trying time.
That's really beautiful.

Cynthia, I read somewhere that we have done a good job as parents when we discover that our kids are better adults than we are. So many people are blessed to have Richard in their lives, and a whole group of them can be found right here. What he wrote was so beautiful - strong, compassionate and just so typically Richard.
hugs.gif

Had to come on and show off the newest member of our family. Looky what I got today! A mini Goldendoodle. He will be mid size, but they call them mini. Now, there are mini's! They are called Toy! This little guy is a smart one. Loves to please his people. Pretty laid back. 2 months old.

Richard hasn't seen him yet. He can't wait! All dogs love that kid. I swear. The most interesting things have happened with him when it comes to dogs. They just come up to him and will stay with him at bus stops..one thing..and it just seems that any dog that comes along wants to be with him. We went to pick out our very first Golden R. pup years ago. Richard was sitting in the van just watching..a little kid then, while we were checking out the dad of the pups. A big ol Golden..just gorgeous. He comes up to me, I am petting him, and then he sees Richard sitting in the van..side door open..and he goes over, stands up and puts his paws and head on Richard. Richard pets him. Owners say that's enough now, come on..dog stays with Richard. lol...he just loved him. Animals..some are smarter than others I think. He knew this child was special. I know our little guy here will love Richard. Now, to think of a name for him! For now it's, come here puppy. :D

Had to come on and show off the newest member of our family. Looky what I got today! A mini Goldendoodle. He will be mid size, but they call them mini. Now, there are mini's! They are called Toy! This little guy is a smart one. Loves to please his people. Pretty laid back. 2 months old.

Richard hasn't seen him yet. He can't wait! All dogs love that kid. I swear. The most interesting things have happened with him when it comes to dogs. They just come up to him and will stay with him at bus stops..one thing..and it just seems that any dog that comes along wants to be with him. We went to pick out our very first Golden R. pup years ago. Richard was sitting in the van just watching..a little kid then, while we were checking out the dad of the pups. A big ol Golden..just gorgeous. He comes up to me, I am petting him, and then he sees Richard sitting in the van..side door open..and he goes over, stands up and puts his paws and head on Richard. Richard pets him. Owners say that's enough now, come on..dog stays with Richard. lol...he just loved him. Animals..some are smarter than others I think. He knew this child was special. I know our little guy here will love Richard. Now, to think of a name for him! For now it's, come here puppy. :D
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

That little guy has stolen my heart. You might have to pat Richard's pockets down before he goes home.
wink.png

He is precious!
love.gif
Good thing you live so far away or I'd have to pay you a visit and you'd have to check my pockets when I left!
wink.png

Our daughter (9yo) is waiting for her second (bigger) wheelchair to be delivered and we are hoping it will be better in the backyard so she can help with our chickens! We are also hoping that she will be able to have some "chicken chores" to help with so she can feel more responsible for her own surroundings. Here's to hoping she's as fond of the chicks as we hope she will be!! :)

Back
Top Bottom