Raising Geese 101

Is it okay to raise goslings on starter crumbles as long as it is none medicated? How about when they are older, can you feed them layer pellets? I have 2 African and 1 White Chinese coming mid April!!!! SUPER EXCITED
ya.gif

Is it okay to raise goslings on starter crumbles as long as it is none medicated? How about when they are older, can you feed them layer pellets? I have 2 African and 1 White Chinese coming mid April!!!! SUPER EXCITED:ya

I fed my babies starter feed from TSC by Purina and fed the adults grower/finisher feed.

Congrats! Excited for you!

Does anyone know if all of the "true" African Geese have that double chin thing going on?

I have 3 siblings - one has dark markings and a huge knob on his head like the African but - no double chin, a White Chinese male, and what looks like a Brown Chinese female with some splashes of white in various places on her body.

The dad looked like a White Chinese and the mom had the darker markings of the African, but no double chin like my little boy.

Does anyone know if all of the "true" African Geese have that double chin thing going on?

I have 3 siblings - one has dark markings and a huge knob on his head like the African but - no double chin, a White Chinese male, and what looks like a Brown Chinese female with some splashes of white in various places on her body.

The dad looked like a White Chinese and the mom had the darker markings of the African, but no double chin like my little boy.

It's called a Dewlap, and I think some Afficans have it? I'm not an expert by any means. @servpolice would know.

No not all African geese have the Dewlap it is all in the breeding ..

Back
Top Bottom