Raising our 1st set of CX meaties

I was made an offer on the whole lot I have :/
They saw there cute fat nuggets bare bottoms and had to have them- ALL i guess
What's a good price for 22?
Still only half a bag down on 1st bag of feed...
Think I'd be a dummy not to take it and do another batch from day one again.

We took a $160 offer.
1/2 bag of chick feed & 1.50/chick x's 25 original order cost was what it cost us. And time. But time is paid in other ways and absorbed.

Although deal isn't done until noon lol but fairly confident.

Last edited:
We took a $160 offer.
1/2 bag of chick feed & 1.50/chick x's 25 original order cost was what it cost us. And time. But time is paid in other ways and absorbed.

They are around 3 weeks old?? Sounds like a really good deal for you. The time spent was educational because you know way more than before.....nothing like hands on experience. It will delay you having your own chicken for the table, but not by a lengthy amount if you get replacements soon.

So somebody just asked to buy them??? You can do a lot with an extra 75-100 bucks. It would buy extra birds.....and a screen for your brooder
wink.png

I hope they realize they are meaties, and not pets......

Thanks. Ya. More chicks on the way shortly lol.

So $160 for 22, 1lb CX 3 week old meaties :)

Off to get a cheesesteak sub!
They are around 3 weeks old??  Sounds like a really good deal for you.  The time spent was educational because you know way more than before.....nothing like hands on experience.  It will delay you having your own chicken for the table, but not by a lengthy amount if you get replacements soon.

So somebody just asked to buy them???  You can do a lot with an extra 75-100 bucks.  It would buy extra birds.....and a screen for your brooder;)

I hope they realize they are meaties, and not pets......

Done deal :)

They guy did know what he was getting and really like them :) yay!

Last edited:
When he called with a question about a layer I have for sale on craigslist, while chatting I mentioned how the meaties are bottomless pits and sent him a link to that YouTube video. He made me an offer.

Back
Top Bottom