Ranchie, a dear heart is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know what to say. I've just lost my best friend. For the last 3 years Sally and I have talked every day via messenger, sometimes for hours on end. We used to laugh that our husbands were always coming home to messy houses because we were so busy chatting that we didn't have time for housework. We used to dream of the day that we were neighbours and could sit on the porch sipping cocktails and yakking instead of doing it over the computer. We hated that we were so far apart, I tried really hard to get her to move to Scotland. She seriously considered it. We told each other everything, we shared tears and we shared joy. We gave each other advice and sometimes we just listened when the other needed to talk. We were always there for each other.

I managed to persuade my husband to take our vacation in Florida this year because I knew Sally would come down and visit, and she did. I feel fortunate that I got to meet with her and I will treasure the memories of that day.

I feel like someone has broken a piece of me off and taken it away. I am less of a person today now that she is not in my life.

I'll miss you so much Sally.

She will certainly be missed by all of us! I didn't realize how bad she has gotten! She was a real trooper!

Thanks Opa, for reminding us her last words!

Quote:
hugs.gif
That's beautiful, it sounds like you had a really great friendship!

Early on, Sally made friends with me here and gave me lots of great advise. Back when Nifty made 'buddy lists', I added Ranchhand to mine. She never joined in on my NYD nor Easter Hatches, but was always available for help.

She will be missed. Prayers and sincere condolences to her family.

I'm taking the advise she gave in her last post, I'm flying to be with my mom this weekend along with my six siblings as the doctors haven't given her long to live.

I am thankful for the time we had as friends, after a very rocky start. She will be missed.

What a lovely person lost to BYC.

But, look 8 pages of memories and reminiscences. People from literally around the world brought together by chickens and Nifty!
big_smile.png
All of these people got to see the light that was Sally's life. Shine on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom