Random Topics, Random Thoughts, Making Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 2 flea market finds...3 trips back and forth to load and unload...

Grandma found...

5 table & 1 floor lamp
3 watercolor floral paintings
3 dressers
1 rocking chair
1 child rocking chair for her great granddaughter
2 children's rocking chairs for my kids

g found...

1 kid table with 4 animal shaped chairs (2 dogs, 2 cats)
1 really neat wood antique twin bed frame for my 2 yr. old's first real bed out of her crib!
hit.gif

7 yr. old found...

a fur real pet puppy that moves and barks...
a panda care bear

2 yr. old lost...

3 of the little care bear figures she got yesterday (she would not relent and leave them back home or in the car--we learned a valuable lesson today...or did we?)

2 yr. old found...

5 pack of Mickey & friends figures
Ziploc gallon bag full of pooh & friends figures with school desks, books, chalk board... (perfect for the little people school house we found yesterday)

And mommy realized I should have ordered EVERYONE ham and cheese because my girls practically ate mine and their cheeseburgers weren't as good...the price you pay when your a mom...eat the less tasty food and give up your sandwich so your kids will eat.

Later we stumbled across another waffle cone icecream place and we all settled for strawberry yogurt again this afternoon.

My feet are tired...but Grandma's happy and so are the girls...though the 2 year old is starting to get congested and the 7 yr. old complained her ears hurt tonight....Grandma had a virus all last week...I think she's a cootie spreader.

Well,
We did good today and yesterday.

Thing about markets like this is you get there easy to find some really neat finds. You stay late people are ready to drop their prices like nobodies business so they don't have to load it up and take it back home.

I found out...if you walk away and say, I'll think about it...they'll drop some more off and say, i'll give it to you for x amount if you take it right now.
I also found that other's will only knock off $2-5 dollars and think that's negotiatin'.

This flea market happens 2 times a year...spring and fall. It's pretty cool.

oh and I ran into the pres. of the Il. bee's assoc. funny guy who taught me all about bee's and incubated my br eggs. My first hatchlings ever! They were so cute. oh, those were the days.

me,
g

fowltempress welcome to the place where people like a little chickie poo!

Okie good cat training technique!
Awesome pictures dac!

maple you find a lot of stuff.
Today wasn't as exciting as yesterday, I cleaned out the barn again to make room for more hay storage and got really really dirty.
Tree Chick poos in there a lot and I have to keep stuff covered, I'm hoping she went to bed in the chicken pen tonite, I have to go close the door still.
Oh and I found my hat I got years ago from the school I now work at, it says I'm a super parent for volunteering on the camp out so I washed it and I'm going to wear it tomorrow. The teacher that gave it to me still works there and he also helps me in the kitchen everyday. I've been trying to find that hat since I started there last year!

That's funny...boo.

You pack rat...ha ha.

I like the stories about Rosie. She's got some character all right. "Patience" training....ha ha...she sounds a little strong willed, like trying to "train" my toddler. neener neener.

Have a good day...in your hat.

me,
g

The two chickies did put themselves away with the other girls last night, so they are locked up in there now! I had to patch a little hole in the fence that Rosie helped them make. I did it in the dark with a flashlight that the batteries were almost dead.
Sparky left early this morning and Rosie has been having a fit all day. She keeps neighing and neighing. My son said she was jamming all around this morning. This will last for a day or two.

wee.gif
la la la Gretchen land!

boo...i was just having a melt down and you cheered me right up. Thanks!

Somehow I got my computer going again...have no idea. If my cable is down...my phones are down...i was freaking...all better.

plus some other deeper heavier personal hoopla but i'm not willing to share...just PRAY for me...my lovelies. I miss you when my computer is naughty.

me,
g

I will be praying for you maple.
I actually think of you quite often during the day. I always look forward to your stories, and just hearing from you. You brighten my days, too.
Rosie has settled down quite a bit now. It was funny when I first came home from work because she was really telling me about how her friend left. I talked to her and told her I knew Sparky was gone and sorry she's lonely but that Sparky would be back in a couple weeks.
Funny, she listened with her head sticking through the fence. Then I went and got Sparky's breakfast that she didn't get to finish eating and gave it to Rosie, dumped Sparky's water and it went the wrong way into Rosie's corral right towards the hay I had just thrown on the ground, but Rosie didn't mind.
Tree Chick had escaped from the chicken pen, and was dust bathing, so they are all running around now.

hugs.gif

It's 8:30 here and dark dark dark.

my chickies have put themselves to bed...aren't they cute when they do that? Some--well, about 6 of them, have taken to roosting up high...where they weren't really intended to...but oh well....just watch out in the morning when you open the door and they come flying out at your head.

oh poor poor Rosie! She had a buddy and now her buddy is gone! tisk...tisk...tisk. Guess you'll have to get another one. te he he.

me,
g

and boo, thanks for praying and thinking about me...
hugs.gif
it means a lot.

maple, I hope your computer works for you today! I'm lucky, because whenever my computer starts getting really stupid and just won't work properly anymore, I take it to my son, where I lay on the floor, and he can fix it up for me. Every couple years or so I have him wipe out my hard drive and reinstall everything. Well, after I save everything I want first. I just did that couple weeks ago. But it takes like two days to get all that done.
Computers can be so annoying sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom