Rant about stupid egg-eating people!

Speaking of stupid people and their idea about egg colors...

In MARTHA STEWART'S magazine, there was a short article about raising chickens (which she supposedly does) and it said that white eggs come from white chickens and brown eggs come from brown chickens. So much for fact checking!

My daughter refused to eat my eggs because we had a rooster and she said she would NOT eat baby chicks
lau.gif
Than she got poor and needed FREE eggs (mine) and she ate them. Later she went and got store eggs and called me up and said "Mom, I need more eggs...these store eggs taste like crap when you go back" LOL She didn't notice much of a difference going from them to mine but she noticed a big difference going from mine back to them.

I have not gotten any complaints about the colours yet but I'm waiting for someone to ask if I have a rooster.

Okay - another story to add to the stupid pile...
My friend's daughter's 8th grade science class wanted eggs to hatch, and asked me if she could have some eggs. I said sure and asked if they wanted a variety of colors. She said yes, and reported back to the teacher that she would have white, brown, and green eggs to bring in and incubate. The TEACHER said that different colors would be fine but that she didn't really have to color them before she brought them in!
barnie.gif
...and to think...this is shaping the young minds of today!!!
Here's your sign!!
smile.png

we just got a rooster.. maybe I can play on the stupid people and tell them that my eggs arent fertalized because he sleeps in the tree not in the coop with the girls.. LOL
lau.gif

ROFL!
lau.gif

Oh and just wondering is it okay to eat the eggs if you have been mixing the medicated crumbles in? I've been mixing it in their corn because it helps to keep them from getting sick is what I heard.

Quote:
So what about green feet? I AM SO HAPPY 2 of my Ameraucana's have green feet.

Sorry, back on topic. I bought some organic free range brown eggs and they were bad. GROSSED me out.

Back
Top Bottom