Rant-- Accountability -- edited for meaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
you know, that probably sums it up better than anything I've ever read or heard!

thumbsup.gif

My mom always told me "Prepare the child for the path, not the path for the child". Apparently, it is a long forgotten quote for many.
roll.png

I like that a lot. I think that's what my parents tried to do.

Quote:
I like my assult rifle. I also like my sniper rifle. Nether have a use in my day to day life but I look at it this way. The world as a whole is afraid to atack the US, Not becouse of the size, skill an firepower of our armed forces but becouse of the size, skill an firepower of our citizans. One day I might need them, till then they look good on the wall.

I didn't mean to get this one type vs. another, just the mentality of blaming a tool for a problem. I think it speaks on a deeper issue with that sort of psyche.

Quote:
to quote a fictional character.. Your rights end at the front gate of someone else's property. If the gate is shut, you don't go in. If the gate is locked, they do not want company. If you ignore this subtle warning and try to harm the folks inside of their own property, they have the right to defend themselves or their property.

It's not just the guns.. it's the idea. The cold piece of machined metal and wood is not evil. It cannot load aim or fire itself unless there is a human behind it. I guess it irks me that folks are making excuses about accountability. Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh little johnny could find daddy's loaded pistol and kill himself. Very sad, very true. He could also find his parents car keys and put the car in gear and go joyriding when he can't see over the dashboard. I'm sorry but the accountability issue is what irks me so maybe I should edit this?....

The unfortunate state of affairs here in California makes the above not true. You can have a no trespassing sign and unless there is imminent danger you cannot discharge a firearm at another in this state. Save me!!! I love my desert here and the people here all think like I do. It is the rest of this incredibly beautiful state that ruins it for us. I may for sure go to jail, but if I don't you from Adam, my firearm is a comin out.

Quote:
Being who I am I never childproofed my house, I taught the child what was a no-no to touch. And guess what??? He never broke a single thing that he knew not to touch. Go figure.

Quote:
It does speak of a deeper issue, here are some local examples:
1. Beautiful old cottonwood lined street, drunks hit trees, trees cut down to protect drunks.
2. Street with a lot of people run over by drunks, close street.
3. 27 yr. old drunk teases dog until dog bites, dog put down.
4. Beautiful hiking path in Franklin Mts. people leave path fall ignoring danger signs, path closed.

We are too busy trying to protect stupid people from themselves to let them learn to correct their own behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom