Rash from ducks??

I'm very allergic to the Poisons! My doctor has me take Benadrly and Cortisone10 and mix them ( must both be the cream or ointment/ not one of each) then rub in as needed, he says even the RX he could write is not stronger--just more expensive. There is a preventive--poison ivy rid? That you apply before coming into contact with it. If you find it a poison plant around your property--spray with brush be gone or round up--remove only after it has completely browned up, may take more than 1 spraying--then wear gloves and long pants and sleeves, also wash with liquid detergent right away, throw your clothes in the wash by themselves, and the towel you washed with. I would much prefer the lice or fleas to the poison ivy, easier for me to treat and dispose of, wow, never thought about that before!!

I'm very allergic to the Poisons! My doctor has me take Benadrly and Cortisone10 and mix them ( must both be the cream or ointment/ not one of each) then rub in as needed, he says even the RX he could write is not stronger--just more expensive. There is a preventive--poison ivy rid? That you apply before coming into contact with it. If you find it a poison plant around your property--spray with brush be gone or round up--remove only after it has completely browned up, may take more than 1 spraying--then wear gloves and long pants and sleeves, also wash with liquid detergent right away, throw your clothes in the wash by themselves, and the towel you washed with. I would much prefer the lice or fleas to the poison ivy, easier for me to treat and dispose of, wow, never thought about that before!!
Thanks!
never had a reaction before to poison plants so I'm not sure if that's what this is. Like I said, no blisters.
Hopefully it will clear up quick!

It's a little better today. The benadryl is kicking in.
Hope it clears on up.
I think it's just the hives.
Had to be something the ducks got into that they rubbed on me during feeding time.
Slacks while playing ducks will now be the norm! LOL

I had a nasty rash last year. It came and went along with a bite . . . I am guessing a spider bite . . . but up here, it could be Lyme, Ehrlichiosis, Mountain Fever (some say), allergic reaction to spider venom . . . who knows? Saw a doctor. Followed his advice, tested negative for Lyme. It passed in a month or two. But it did not itch. Looked ghastly, though.

Hope that leaves you, and soon!

I have heard we can become sensitive to poison ivy even if we start out with no reactions to it.

I had a nasty rash last year. It came and went along with a bite . . . I am guessing a spider bite . . . but up here, it could be Lyme, Ehrlichiosis, Mountain Fever (some say), allergic reaction to spider venom . . . who knows? Saw a doctor. Followed his advice, tested negative for Lyme. It passed in a month or two. But it did not itch. Looked ghastly, though.

Hope that leaves you, and soon!

I have heard we can become sensitive to poison ivy even if we start out with no reactions to it.
We will see what doc says tomorrow.
I really think it's Hives,but no idea what triggered it.
I may never know.

Thanks!
Doc gave me some predisone and said keep taking the benadryl.
Predisone will help it clear up quick.
I will probably never know what triggered it, but I DO know that I will be tending to the ducks in pants from now on!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom