Rats Rats And More Rats

Well tonight I found my first ever cracked open egg...LARGELY cracked open and sucked dry...I think it was a mouse or rat..I have never had a chicken do that and they have so dang much to eat out there they shouldn't even ever be tempted....I think it was one of those dang mice that are making the flippin tunnels into my pen and it's on now!!! Tonight the mice and rats get dessert...Miss Prissy style...plaster of paris & confectioners sugar and I hope they eat ever last smidgen of it and suck down all the water they can find because tomorrow I will collect all of their little stone hard hienies and throw them in the trash!!!! grrrrrrrrrr!!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Someone posted a product called critter out the other day. So I decided to order it and give it a try. Supposedly it rids the place of mice, rats, opposums, and more. So once it arrives I will let you know how it works. I have not seen any rats for some time, saw a mouse in the barn under a mower the other day. So I decided to just see if any of these products do as claimed. The varmets can just move on down the road. My place should be pest proof if all goes as planned. lol I will be spraying away by early next week. Nice part about this product is it is organic and not harmful to other pets.

Since my birds live indoors, I've always worried about using poison, & I hate cleaning up mouse guts from spring traps. Plus you only catch one at a time with those.

The answer is a bucket trap. You can build 1 in less than 10 mins for less than $5.

The best part is, you don't have to reset it, you can catch multiple mice in one night, & cleanup is a breeze.

The only thing you need to replace is the peanut butter bait. Try one, & it will help eliminate your rodent problem .

It's the third article down...How to build a better mousetrap
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgu...n&safe=off&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2008-12,GGLJ:en&sa=N

Last edited:
Quote:
This worked for me too. We had a total of 4 rats and it took about a week to get them all. I spent a lot of time observing their path from their tunnels into the coop and out again. Patience paid off.

Last edited:
Thanks LCRT! I will print that out and save a couple cans, I already have a bucket in mind.....that is IF they aren't all dead as I hope tomorrow from the plaster/sugar treat...and just so they wouldn't have to wait too long for it get hard...I left them a bowl of water under the shed too, lol!!! Two big platefuls of their "treat" and water...man I hope that works, I cannot believe they got into my eggs!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well, it was just the beginnings of dusk and I went out a little early to put the chickens to bed and low and behold 3 little animals scurried away from my bait blocks into the shadows. Looking closer they had already nibbled off the top of one of the 4 blocks I had put out only a few hours ago.

Yes.... eat! Eat my little ones... EAAATTT!!!
somad.gif

*All this rat/mouse talk reminded me of something. 198O and I'm working at FPL. There's an abandoned ice house next door and when they start tearing it apart, their rats invade us. Many, many rats. Boss buys red wayfarin snaugages by the barrel. One day instead of red ones we get green. Boss asks their driver WHY these are green. Driver sheepishly explains that red dye #4 has been found to cause cancer in rats.
wee.gif
:weee:tongue

* Nifty, the one time I used the poison bait blocks, I got 2 packages. I put the 4 in the first package out and they polished them off, then overnight the suckers sniffed out the package I had put away for later and ate them, too, box and all!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom