RE: Show me your Broody and I'll show you mine!

Moonwalker

Songster
12 Years
Jan 9, 2008
Washburn, MO
I know I saw this a while back and have been trying to get a pic of this sweet, cuddly mommy hen we have in the tack barn. She has claimed and old pillow as her nest.
0303081615a1.jpg

Don't you just want to scoop her up and give her some lovin?

She is totally ridiculous. Her corner is a shelf about 3 ft off the floor, maybe 10 ft from the door. She will SHRIEK everytime someone steps to the side of the doorway. And she doesn't even have any eggs! We collect them everyday. But she still sits there for hours everyday and heaven help you if you need something off the shelves! So far, she hasn't actually attacked anyone, but then we kind of avoid using the stuff on that shelf lately for some reason!

Quote:
yes, they will, and you can't let them sit forever, some will, I had a hen once that did that so I would get her fertilized eggs sometimes and a few times I got her babies and switched them for the eggs after chasing her out and she thought eggs hatched. Now I have another broody wild hen, I will try and get a picture to post, my DH took the eggs form her yesterday so I have to find her again now

Back
Top Bottom