Ready for the Government Shutdown?!?

pdsavage, I would go further and say that Congress needs to have a pay cut. They aren't doing a good job in the first place, and they should sacrifice just like the average citizens who are losing jobs.

The politicians need to be locked inside the Capitol building with nothing but bread and water, no showers, no clean clothes, no cots or blankets, no AC or heat, no reporters to show off for, no pay, and not be allowed out until they have stopped acting like 3 yr olds. They need a HUGE time out.
somad.gif
rant.gif
smack.gif

Hubby jut got word we will get half his pay next week on pay day. Nothing after that if the budget isnt passed today. Congress will still be paid no matter what.

we pay for our insurance, our loved ones are put in harms way, but we arent good enough to keep paying. As if congress deserves to be paid.

My wife and I are both getting one week pay on the 15th of the month. Basically we will get paid for the time we have worked until midnight tonight. That will be about half our normal pay for the period. Once they decide on something it will still take time for them to start paying us again, which makes it even better. The best thing about this is I have a night jump tonight and get to jump from an airplane at around 3am, then do a ruck march to the rifle range and then shoot all day tomorrow. Yay for weekends, especially when you dont get paid for them, lol.

Military pay will be held up. They did a big story on it this morning on Good Morning, America and talked to some soldiers whose lives will be adversely affected with the government shutdown.

We, too, will be adversely affected. We depend on Farmer Lew's VA disability to get by. We just moved and are counting on his VA check to pay half our rent on the 1st of next month. If there is a government shutdown, VA disability payments are one of the things that will be withheld (one of the things they discussed today on GMA, as well).

The trickle-down of this is that people who work in small businesses (not just the owners, but also the employees) that depend on government funding to stay afloat will be adversely affected.

Let's all just hope and pray that BOTH SIDES pull their collective heads outta their butts and stop playing politics and start doing what's right.

Just read a great quote - "I'll know there's been a government shutdown when it stops taking money out of my paycheck!"
lol.png
This entire situation is completely screwy.

Congressmen who are desperate to spend other people's money are still getting paid - for what?! I swear, nothing would bring me more joy than to see them get put in time-out like the two year olds they're acting like.

Back
Top Bottom