Ready Set Hatch! Set 3/17 Hatch 4/7 - ready now! Hatch-Along

Yes Oliver is the last of these eggs. I'm shocked at how well they are doing considering they only got turned1-2 during lockdown last time, and sat in 75% humidity for a couple days

Yes, haha! They were orphaned when their mum got ill, stopped sitting, and passed. I stuck them in the incubator because they were developing.

Yes, haha! They were orphaned when their mum got ill, stopped sitting, and passed.  I stuck them in the incubator because they were developing.

I wondered what broody-fail meant. Was she your hen or someone's you are hatching for? It's nice you were able to finish them. Did Oliver hatch?

It was all going just too well lol

Today Alicia noticed that one of the BV's had a curled toe. Back to BYC to see if and how we fix it! We have just wrapped the single toe in clear tape (second skin bandage) It has straightened it for now, but not sure how long it will last on there. From what I have read, at this age a couple of day's is usually enough. We are hoping that we have got it early enough.

Picture is not the best, but depending on what she was doing varied the amount of curl.

I thought I saw a funny toe during one of them hatch, but with the whole family gathered around it was hard to tell, plus they were so rubbery then. Never noticed it all week until today.

Here are the orphan babies! They are SO cute. I'm sure they'll be even cuter tomorrow once they're fully fluffed :)

Annie

Oliver

Also, here are some pics of the Orps I get to hold onto for awhile longer. I'll be keeping the girls out of this bunch :)

And some bloopers!

Back
Top Bottom