Receiving Baby Chicks

jgaepi

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 25, 2011
davis, ca
I am anticipating the arrival of my baby chicks tomorrow from Healthy Chicks and More. Typically when they arrive in town, what does the Post Office do with them? Do they call me for a pick up? Do they attempt delivery? What happens if it is getting late in the day and I don't want the birds to be in the box for a third day and I haven't heard from USPS?

The hatchery did not spend the extra $1.50 for tracking.

Why don't you call the hatchery and ask them.....Or call your local post office and let them know that the chicks are coming and you want them to call you........

Generally, they call you first thing in the morning when the back office opens up (the lobby may not open up for hours) if the instructions on the back stated to call. If there are no instructions, they will deliver. Oddly, I've had them call even when the instructions didn't specifically state to do so, though my number was on the box in any case.
big_smile.png

All 12 chicks arrived in one piece. I got the call from the P.O. at 1230. They are bouncing around the brooder, stepping in their water and food.

Back
Top Bottom