Recently hatched chick can't walk (still need help please)

I can't see the picture or what ever it is posted above.
Screenshot_20211105-093318_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211105-093327_Chrome.jpg

I would start by giving the chick Poultry Cell by Rooster Booster, it's a liquid vitamin that also contains riboflavin (b2) which is important for leg issues. Even if it's not a deficiency, which it kind of looks like it may be, it's still good to help give a chick under stress a boost.

Normally with splay leg, the leg will actually go out to the side/sides and I'm not seeing that with this chick. Slipped tendons can look a little like this in the very beginning, but if it's a slipped tendon then it just happened because I don't see any swelling at the hock joint. I'm going to post a video of how to fix a slipped tendon, just so you can check to see if this may be the cause.

From what I'm seeing I'm thinking vitamin B deficiency.

This my first time trying to hatch chickens so I tried to have them hatched naturally with the parent but they kept adding eggs and there were to many so a lot of them are at different stages. I decided to get an incubator to take care of some of them, and currently there is one that is doing fine with the mom and a bunch didn't make it since they got crushed by the parent, only one has hatched from the incubator so far and it's the one with the leg problem
Is the floor of your incubator just slick plastic?

[Update] I took off the band-aid today and now it can walk, also another hatched last night with curled toes, I put shoes on its feet to help with that. 2 chicks are hatching in the incubator currently

[Update] I took off the band-aid today and now it can walk, also another hatched last night with curled toes, I put shoes on its feet to help with that. 2 chicks are hatching in the incubator currently
Aw, that's great!
I was going to mention a small sling might help it regain it's strength in his legs, but that's obviously not necessary now.
I'm so glad he's better!

Also, where are your eggs from and do you have info about the parent birds? This many foot/leg issues is not normal which makes me wonder what the cause is.
Did you have a separate, calibrated thermometer in the incubator to make sure the temp was correct? The built in ones are very rarely accurate.

Back
Top Bottom