Recipe for grilled zucchini?

Marinate in non-creamy salad dressing (i.e. any kind of vinaigrette or Italian variation, but NOT ranch or blue cheese) for at least an hour. Otherwise they will probably dry out or, um, catch on fire. Don't ask how I know about the catching on fire bit...

I usually cut them into 3/4" chunks and put them on skewers with other veggies--peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes etc. By itself, zucchini doesn't taste much.

We grill Zucchini and squash all summer. Slice lengthwise, brush with olive oil, then salt & pepper. Grill till done like you like it Super-easy.

I like chared, I have never had one dry or catch fire unless I drop it thru the grates.

Last edited:
If they're the big ones (you know, the ones that hid from you until they were ready to take over the world), you can stuff them and grill them. I usually make like a thick spaghetti sauce, slice the zuke length-wise, scoop out the seeds leaving a nice trench which I fill with the filling, and then cover with cheese. Grill for maybe 10-15 minutes, depending on size of the zuke and temp of the grill. Yummy!

Oh, just saw your post on what you have to marinade with. You could brush on some olive oil, garlic, parsley, thyme, etc. or use some seasoning salt or just olive oil, garlic and parmessean cheese. So many ways to go! And, if you want to get away from the grill - there's always zuchinni bread!
Liz

Last edited:
We had some for supper tonight. I sliced it and put it,onion, salt,pepper and a little butter and wrapped it in aluminum foil and grilled it. I mixed it with yellow squash. It's yummy.

My husband loves the zucchini sliced thin and panfried in lots of butter with garlic powder and garlic salt until it is nice and brown. Not heart healthy by any means, but really tasty.

Back
Top Bottom