Recipes for the sick...

Quote:
Aww thanks.
hugs.gif

I would do Campbells but I think the soup is all sold out from panic buying! D:

Gorgeous homemade would be great.

After all that flooding now you are about to get hit with two bad storms. I'm not very familiar with Australia so I don't know where Brisbane is, are you close to the coast? I can sure sympathize with you, being on the Texas Gulf Coast near Louisiana we sweat hurricane season every year. We have been hit 3 times since 2005 and it's not fun! Looks like you all may be in for a rough ride. Hope y'all have everything ready. Be sure to post and let us know how you are doing if you can. We were without electricity for 3 weeks after hurricane Rita but they got our power back on in only a week after Ike. Here's wishing you the best of luck.

Last edited:
I always go for Hot and Sour Soup, preferably some brought in by DH, so I'm not contaminating the kitchen via cooking. The hotter/spicier the better. It will burn the evil out of you!

Hope you feel better by now!

Oh man there is no possible way I can do yogurt. I'm having a major dairy problem right now. In all honesty I think I picked up a stomach bug from the water.
sad.png

Yeah there's two more storms coming and yeah, I live near the coast and yeah, I'm not sure if my neighbourhood is going to go under again or not. I've been basically living like a zombie working on cleaning up praying I don't have to live through it again. I think the storms more than the actual flood are causing me to panic. Flood, I can live with. It was all new. Flood again? maybe? Not knowing if I'll have to wait around to see if my friends die again? That, I'm not handling so well.

Hot and sour soup, BRAT and all the soups, really, sound amazing. I'll see if I can get my boy to throw some of the habeneros I grow into something yummy.

Quote:
I'm so sorry...boil your water...I save milk jugs (I have about 20 of them) and rinse them out with a mild bleach solution. I have a 3 gallon stock pot that I boil my water in. I bring the water to a boil...boil it for 10 minutes then leave it sitting on the stove with the lid on to cool. (We have a gas stove out in our garage, so even it the electricity is off I can still cook.) Then pour it up into the clean milk jugs. We usually have to boil our water for about a month after each storm. It takes time for the water treatment plant to get back in service and up and running right. We have city water but we also have a well. We only use the well to pump water into the pond in the hottest part of the summer time or after a storm and it's the only water we can get. But when the water does come back on we have to boil it for a while.

I'm so sorry for your loss!!!

Please keep us updated and let us know how you are doing. It's hard to understand the devastation one of these storms can have on peoples lives until you've lived through it. But living through it is the key, everything else can be fixed eventually.

Quote:
I'm so sorry...boil your water...I save milk jugs (I have about 20 of them) and rinse them out with a mild bleach solution. I have a 3 gallon stock pot that I boil my water in. I bring the water to a boil...boil it for 10 minutes then leave it sitting on the stove with the lid on to cool. (We have a gas stove out in our garage, so even it the electricity is off I can still cook.) Then pour it up into the clean milk jugs. We usually have to boil our water for about a month after each storm. It takes time for the water treatment plant to get back in service and up and running right. We have city water but we also have a well. We only use the well to pump water into the pond in the hottest part of the summer time or after a storm and it's the only water we can get. But when the water does come back on we have to boil it for a while.

I'm so sorry for your loss!!!

Please keep us updated and let us know how you are doing. It's hard to understand the devastation one of these storms can have on peoples lives until you've lived through it. But living through it is the key, everything else can be fixed eventually.

Aww thanks. I don't think it's from my drinking water - though I worry about that - th officials have assured us our plants are still 100% and we can drink it. It's the water from the clean up I've been, well, swimming in that I think has done it. My main thing would probably be to avoid wading in knee-deep snake water. haha. But I will boil my water and see if I start feeling a bit better.

Thank you so much for your concern and help.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Yeah.. I really actually don't know.
sad.png
It's basically just waiting around seeing if we flood again.

So how's it going? Are you all doing ok?

Back
Top Bottom