Recommendations for poop boards/trays for under roost

That's an incredible coop! Did you build it? Nice!!

Thank you! No, unfortunately we didn't build it ourselves - just not enough time - Horizon Structures, an amazing barn, coop, shed and garage builder in the Amish country in PA built it for us - I did select all the finishes and customize some features. Hopefully it's a "build it once, build it right" undertaking for us.

Chicken people are so resourceful! Love all of this.

I'm spoiled by my walk-in coop. But I have seen folx use the water heater trays and trays for under appliances with much success. I have trays I built out of scrap wood with a little lip I made from ripping old 2x4s. I have pdz in them and scoop them out daily. I can also lift the whole thing out to clean come time to do a whole-coop clean out. Super easy!
20181120_150230.jpg

But I don't see why you couldn't do something similar in yours with flat trays. Wood would be heavy if you needed to remove them. Plastic/rubber would be easier.

Let us know what you use! Gorgeous coop, btw.

:lau
It does get old quick! Our brooder was in our dining room (we usually eat in the kitchen). Oh, the noise and dust!

Now hubby says he kind of missed the "peep peeps." Should I tell him I'm getting more in a couple of weeks???
Lol!
:gig
I was over it when half ours escaped the brooder and crapped all over our house! At least it was wood floors...:rant

We put them all in the coop at once and just brought the small ones in overnight since it was still cold at night.

I'm outfitting my recently delivered coop with the essentials before my first flock is old enough to move in. I'm planning to put a tray/board of some kind under the roosting area in the coop for easy cleaning - seems like a common practice. What kinds of trays (purchased? DIY constructed?) are you using. Trying to determine the best solution for my coop. it's a 6x6 - roosting area is about 60" wide x maybe 24-30" deep. Obviously one nice, perfect, right sized tray would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for sharing your solutions or sources!
I read an article from Louisiana that used meal trays that were used and he bought them from Craig's List. The article was in relation to the coop he built. Ladies Eight

Back
Top Bottom