Recommendations for poop boards/trays for under roost

We bought several boot trays and put them underneath our roosts. Then we screwed wood to the floor outlining the trays to keep them in place. Now we just have to pull the trays out whenever we clean. (Unfinished picture taken when we introduced the girls to the coop):
20190515_074736.jpg

Not everyone is ready to be completely off heat overnight yet, but we were kind of done with the brooder in our foyer.
:lau
It does get old quick! Our brooder was in our dining room (we usually eat in the kitchen). Oh, the noise and dust!

Now hubby says he kind of missed the "peep peeps." Should I tell him I'm getting more in a couple of weeks???
Lol!
:gig

You can use rubber trays, but it can be hard to find them in the correct size. I personally have some 3 inch tall wooden trays with sand--they make for easy cleaning.

Thanks! That's what I was wondering - where would be a good source for large enough plastic/rubber trays or is is just easiest to build my own out of wood with some kind of sheet material for the bottom?

Large baking trays, used in commercial kitchens? Very thin! Aluminum, I think.

Also called “sheet pans.”
YES! This is exactly what I'm thinking - just need to figure out to get one that's the right dimensions. Thanks!!

Just did a quick search - largest sheet pans are 26x18 - so probably two of them next to each other would be perfect!

That would be good.
Here's the coop interior
There's 18" of clearance to the underside of the lower roost bar, 22.5" to the higher one. Flat, very shallow tray(s) are what I have in mind for under the roosting area. Overall 72" x 23".

Back
Top Bottom