Recommendations for poop boards/trays for under roost

Large baking trays, used in commercial kitchens? Very thin! Aluminum, I think.

Also called “sheet pans.”
YES! This is exactly what I'm thinking - just need to figure out to get one that's the right dimensions. Thanks!!

Just did a quick search - largest sheet pans are 26x18 - so probably two of them next to each other would be perfect!

If the under roost area is easily accessible from outside, you could forego a tray entirely and just put in a protective lining - I lined the bottom and edges of my wooden coop with some plastic non-woven weed mat - Or essentially any thick smooth plastic. Some people laminate - then you can just use a hand rake to scrape out the soiled bedding into a bin or wheelbarrow for easy transport to the compost bin.

That would be good.
Here's the coop interior
There's 18" of clearance to the underside of the lower roost bar, 22.5" to the higher one. Flat, very shallow tray(s) are what I have in mind for under the roosting area. Overall 72" x 23".

I think so. Be able to pull the tray out toward the "man door" to scoop out or remove to sift and replace.
Can you stand inside coop?
Sliding stuff along floor might be a PITA due to the floor bedding.
Might be better to build a shelf for trays under roosts...
....then get some trays close to size you need.
The autodoor and battery tray are both kind of in the way.
Do you plan to block off all the battery gear so the birds can't touch it?

You can buy a plastic battery case for boats that would work the battery if you don't want to build a box around it. Do a google search for Marine Battery Box.
Not only will it prevent a chicken from electrocuting themselves, it will protect the battery from the dust and crap that the birds will stir up - coops are dusty.

Back
Top Bottom