Recycled Wood / Pallet Coops

headiehens

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 18, 2013
Candler NC
Hi, so I have decided that I am going to be building our new coop mostly out of pallets (being that they are readily available for free in my area) and possibly old barn wood. I have a basic idea of what I want but was wondering if you guys could post up some pics of coops that you've constructed in the same manner so that I could get some neat ideas or just look at the way that you have constructed yours and make sure that I'm not forgetting anything being that this will be my first attempt at building a coop at all and I am still very new at all of this. Thanks in advanced!!

I actually used pallets for my hen house, not to mention 2 old dog kennels (one for laying and one for roosting) plus old bed frames :)
I have people come over and say it looks awesome :) Didn't cost me a cent :)

Yep sure is hun :) I will take some more pics today and put them up. Nothing can get into them.
Mind you I also have an electric fence I run around the pen on the ground, about a metre away from pen of a night to keep foxes at bay.
Haven't seen one in my yard, but a neighbour has lost several of his ducks to them. So I am prepared :)
I am actually extending my hen house for when the new chickens are old enough to go out too. Keep them separated, but still close enough that Alfie and the girls can get to know them :)

Back
Top Bottom