Red Sex-link, Golden Sex-link, Golden Comet, Red Star...same breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbirdee

Songster
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
Ridgefield, WA
So are the Red Sex-link, Golden Sex-link, Red Star & Golden Comet just different names for the same breed?
I have a 7 week old pullet and was told that it was a Golden Sex-Link.

I always have my Golden Comets!!....Been raising them since I was a kid!
They r mixed breeds of RIR & White Leg Horns!

GREAT Meat Producers & Large Lite Brown egg Layers...my girls gives me 1 egg each day from each of them!!
So I hatch sum out for meat every year & replacements every 2 years!

They r very docile!!...eazy to take care of & handle!!

UR GONNA LUV THEM!!!

Yes pretty much! Ok.. Only I know is Golden nuggets or comets or golden sex links are same breeds. It is crossbred from white leghorn male with rhode island reds hen become golden comet :) I have been done doing that before.. :) If doing opposite way with rhode island red rooster with white leghorn female. It isnt working that way and ll lay only white eggs... Golden nuggets lay light brown eggs.
Yup!...Agree with u a 100%!!
goodpost.gif

I get Extra Large lite brown eggs....u can see them on my profile pix!
Just hatched sum out (2nd generation)....got sum golden & white chicks.....One beautiful white rooster too!!
Guess he got more of his Grand-father's gene!!
We call him Rudy....cuz he was the runt & last one to hatch!!
lol.png

Cackle Hatchery sells Rhode Island White chicks. On their breed descriptions they mention what cross their sex link chicken are comprised of. That hatchery crosses Production Red and RIW for Cinnamon Queen and RIR and RIW for Golden Comets. Red Sex Links are different still. Moderator Fred should know this.

Well, "moderator Fred" knows that that he would quite unlikely to find any birds, at any of the major hatcheries that are bred true the Standard for the breed they are claimed to be. He also thinks there's an awful lot about poultry that Chicken Paradise doesn't know yet, but he wishes Chicken Paradise only the best and hopes Chicken Paradise will continue to learn.

yes, same breed. Cinnamon Queens, Golden Comets, Red Stars, etc...are all a name for Red Sex-Links. Just like with Black Sex-links, they can be called Black Stars.
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom