Red,White and Blue block swap

Blocks are on the way.

They are very simple Red/white/Blue but I had a concept when I was making them that I'll share w/ ya'll--

I had some blue fabric w/ little sailboats on it which made me think about how this swap has blocks from around the world and we are all no separated by water but historically we are all connected by water, so in the quilting style of "around the world" the center 4 of my blocks are intended to show us all connected by water :)

the R/W/B is patriotic to us also, and for me part of what represents the US is the idea of the Old West / cowboys on the range / farmland so one of my red patches is a special tribute to that, I'll leave ya'll to see what I mean when the blocks arrive.

I'm intending to turn the blocks from this swap plus more I make into a quilt for my cousin, the one who bought me fancy hatching eggs for NYDH. He is a really great person, he was 82nd Airborn in the Army and loves to skydive, when he left the military he went on to being an RN working mainly emergency room , and now he is almost finished w/ a PHD in nursing, so the quilt will be going to him when he finishes his Dissertation :) and I'm sure he will be totally tickled by the blocks from my chicken loving quilt swap friends from around the world!!

I have been peaking at the blocks that have come in and they are just beautiful, these blocks will be for my son who is in the Navy , so we have 2 military men that will get very special quilts. Yes I peeked and saw the little boats and thought how wonderful since my son is in the Navy, so perfect. love the water connection idea and will tell that to my son, see we have stories connected to our quilts already

cathiesue's, quailtrail, feyraine and coldupnorth's blocks are here!!!!!!!!

as soon as the New Zealand Blocks get here I can sort and ship, swim fast little darlings

Mine are a swimming, a week late but I upskilled and actually learnt how to nest seams.
(Been quilting 20 years and learnt this from a nine year old ! )
I apologise. I have been really drowned with work and kiddlet dramas.. next one will be on time.
Im self employed so its feast or famine unfortunately, and to be honest I lost track of the date in amongst all the craziness, also changing my 10year olds school...cue emotional overload.
. Feeling terrible about it. I really dont take you all for granted. Xxxx

My block has a new zealand paua (american abalone) print in it, blue sky with clouds because aotearoa ( the maori name for new zealand ) means land of the long white cloud
Fireworks for bonfire night and guy fawkes for those if us with the english heritage..and lots of stars and stripes to celebrate the 4th of july .
Bought a large chunk if the chicken print in it as a centre .
Very excited.
Please dont ban me for being tardy.

Mine are a swimming, a week late but I upskilled and actually learnt how to nest seams.
(Been quilting 20 years and learnt this from a nine year old ! )
I apologise. I have been really drowned with work and kiddlet dramas.. next one will be on time.
Im self employed so its feast or famine unfortunately, and to be honest I lost track of the date in amongst all the craziness, also changing my 10year olds school...cue emotional overload.
. Feeling terrible about it. I really dont take you all for granted. Xxxx

My block has a new zealand paua (american abalone) print in it, blue sky with clouds because aotearoa ( the maori name for new zealand ) means land of the long white cloud
Fireworks for bonfire night and guy fawkes for those if us with the english heritage..and lots of stars and stripes to celebrate the 4th of july .
Bought a large chunk if the chicken print in it as a centre .
Very excited.
Please dont ban me for being tardy.
Who's tardy no one's tardy on here !!!! will let you know when they arrive, as of yesterday no blocks they must still be swimming

@keepmumsane
We had to move our children to a new school because the one they were at was failing. My daughter wasn't being taught because she was ahead of the class and was told to occupy herself while the others caught up and in my sons class they were just trying to contain the riot and most days failing to do that. Things came to a head when he came home with cuts because a child had been throwing scissors! Moving school was something we thought we would never do but in the end it had to happen. The kids were 9 1/2 and 7. The younger one coped best . My daughter made friends but never seemed to have a "best" friend.
BUT their education has come on in leaps and bounds. My daughter managed to get into a prestigious secondary school and is doing very well, we are now trying to convince the same school that they would like George who struggles to understand that very few people are lucky enough to earn their living by being a stand up comedian!!!

Back
Top Bottom