refillable waterer keeps leaking water

I do. Mine didn't work the first time either.

1) Put the cap on the bottom. Screw it on fairly tight.

2) Take black top off if it's not already. You'll notice a black rubber gasket around the threads. At least it better be there!

3) Fill all the way to the top with water. All the way!!! That was my mistake. You need it filled to create a vacuum.

4) Screw the black top on again, making sure that it is fairly tight as well. Once again for the vacuum you need to prevent overflow.

5) Place it where you want it, then unscrew cap and put it back on the little holder thingy.(Such technicality, I know).

I just went through this last night, so it's fresh info!!!

you must have a lot of chickens for fie gallon waterer
does TSC give refunds?
if so get one
and order gallon sized waterers
then as you can clean them and change water daily
Itt is not good for chickens to use waterers for long period of time
agallon is the right size
if you have several chickens buy more

I hatched 3500 chickens a yr and never ever used more than several gallon sized waterers
try buying the gallon size from
Smiths poultry supply
Smith Poultry & Game Bird Supply Home
... owned business that offers poultry and game bird books, supplies, vitamins and medication. Located ... Smith Poultry and Game Bird Supply offers for sell many ...

www.poultrysupplies.com - 167k - Cached

Smith Poultry & Game Bird Supply

14000 W. 215th St., Bucyrus, KS 66013-9519

Ph. 913-879-2587 - 7:30 A. M. - 3 P. M CST Monday-Friday

24-hour Fax. 913-533-2497

Minimum order $10.00.

The "O" ring has to be clean. Once you fill it and remove the small cap, watch it to make sure the pan doesnt fill over about half full.

If it's not sealed, you can often hear it if you get close enough to the top.

We greased the O ring on ours with vaseline and haven't had any problem with it leaking. After several cleanings the vaseline gets worn off and I re-grease it.
Also, you need to make sure it's level.

Back
Top Bottom