Refrigerated eggs under broody? read please?

happyhens44

BroodyAddict
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Northern WI
yesterday I got 7 fertilized eggs from my coop and I put them in the frig, but I have a for sure broody, could I put them under her or are they no good now?

I agree that most people will tell you no, but ... that being said... you will also find a lot of people on here who buy fertilized eggs in the refrigerated egg section at Trader Joe's and bring them home and hatch them, oftentimes getting a fairly decent hatch rate (and whatever breed hatches is always a big surprise).

It's probably not ideal, but if you want, you could try it. Worst thing that would happen is it won't hatch.

well if I wait tel tommrrow morning ill have more "just layed eggs" I could put under her, she has 7 today, would it be ok if I put 5 under her tommrrow or is it to much of a difference in the timeings

Sounds like they were not in there for long, and considering the time ofyear and that fact that eggs from a coop whose weather is in the 20's are hatching, I say you have no problem.

ok. Today, I diddent even let most of the eggs hit the cold air
smile.png
because as soon as one of my hens got off the egg I took it and gave it to my broody heehee
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom