Rehome Two Purebred Silkie Hens - Austin,TX

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by JidaH, Jan 12, 2019.

1. JidaH

JidaH Hatching

Jan 12, 2019
    Hi! I have two beautiful Silkie hens that need a good home. Both are purebred and came from a reputable breeder in Texas. One is white while the other is buff. Born in September 2017. They are happy, spoiled hens that lay eggs very often!

I am a new first time mom and am unable to provide enough attention and care for my beautiful birds with a baby now. As sad as I am to rehome them, I know they’ll be happier with an experienced new owner.

Serious inquiries only and with previous proven experience please!

Attached Files:

KDMdesigns likes this.
  2. KDMdesigns

KDMdesigns Songster

May 4, 2016
    Dallas TX
    Gosh have no pending trips to Austin or I would totally help you out! Darn wish I wasn't in Dallas, TX.. Sorry to hear if your situation although keep in mind they really don't demand alot of attention.

3. elayne927

elayne927 In the Brooder

May 20, 2018
    central, TX
    We're in Austin and would love to have them. I sent you a PM

4. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Crowing

May 19, 2014
    Georgetown, TX
    If they are still available I would enjoy adding them to my flock. I’ll send you a PM.

5. denisesoderlind

denisesoderlind In the Brooder

Jan 16, 2019
    We are in South Austin and would love to add them to our flock! They are in the coop at nite and get lots of fresh veggies and oatmeal with their Layena, scratch and water. 20190107_110857.jpg

6. FishMtFarm

FishMtFarm Emu whisperer

Jan 2, 2017
    Lake Pleasant, NY
    Silkies are a very quiet and passive breed. Your large birds are gonna beat them up bad unless you can keep them separated. That rooster will hurt them trying to mate as well.

BlueBaby likes this.
  7. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Crossing the Road

Mar 21, 2016
    Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
    I agree with what @FishMtFarm just told you. You would have to keep them separate from the rest of your flock.

FishMtFarm likes this.
  8. denisesoderlind

Jan 16, 2019
    As you can see we have 3 roos and 2 hens. Gaga the white Columbian Leghorn cross is very small. My roosters do not "Beat the hell out of anything." I hold them on my lap and preen their feathers everyday. They share 2 small coops and do not fight. They have enough room and food plus a clean environment. That promotes non aggressive behavior. The are Swedish Flower Hens. Very gentle and tame.

Brahma Chicken5000 likes this.
  9. denisesoderlind

Jan 16, 2019
    My two big roos share the 2 small coops with the others and are gentle.

10. FishMtFarm

FishMtFarm Emu whisperer

Jan 2, 2017
    Lake Pleasant, NY
    I’m sure they are really good boys but you can’t change nature and hormones. They will try to mate those silkies and they are too big for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: