Religiously Stuck

Hey, girl, I'm very partial to tree huggers!! This world needs a lot more of them, lol.

Anyway, my feeling is that you are on your path and the fact that you've put down your pentacle and are moving back towards Christianity isn't something to be concerned over. You are evolving and growing and I know that you mean no harm to anyone. Not even yourself, so enjoy the ride and, who knows, in a year or two you may be moved to dance with the Sufis and that will be ok, too. Just remember all roads lead to Rome and God is non judgmental. Relax, love and enjoy.

Here's my story, of which every word is true:
I was born in the 60's and very sickly. I was baptized Catholic, Protestant and then Catholic again.
I went to Sunday School and all that...Protestant church...
We were never forced to go to church.
Late 70's early 80's Christianity was NOT my bag. That was not my path.
I started on the Dark Path. That wasn't the right one either, but that was where I got the Pagan/Wiccan leanings.
I had always been highly sensitive to thoughts, feelings, all that psychic crud. I started drinking too.
I stopped drinking and started practicing the Craft again, only the Light path this time. It helped a lot when I had a "dream" that I was on a plane and I looked out the window and Jesus was on the wing. He held out his hand and I went and sat on the wing with him. We talked for a while and he said that he was sorely disappointed in all the things that had been done in his name. But he was contented that of all the people in the plane, that I had seen him even if I wasn't a supporter and that he considered me to be a better follower of his teachings than the self-professed Christians that just paid lip service every Sunday. He told me to keep on my path and that it would be a pleasure if he met me again.
Then I woke up...

In the past 5 years, I have started practicing again. I honour the Mother earth and the sky Father. I am the most content I have been in YEARS!
Sometimes you need to take a break from your path and sit at the crossroads for a time before your path becomes clear again.
If you sit quietly, you will get your answer.
No matter, PineBurrows, whatever path you chose will be the correct one for you...

Religion isn't for everyone, be it Catholicism, Islam, Shinto or Satanism. If you don't feel a connection, you don't. You can still be a good person :)

Good luck on your journey!

thumbsup.gif

I'm a Christian, and I think that God is calling to you softly. Listen to Him.
hugs.gif
He will guide you through hard times.

I am a die hard tree hugger

lol so am I! Proud Vegetarian! I even started a green team at my school.
thumbsup.gif

God bless you and I hope you find your way
hugs.gif

well, heres my problem...i am not religious because i just cannot believe in the whole bible story...how man/woman was made..etc..(i believe more in evolution).......BUT, i DO believe in a man named Jesus though...i believe there was a man that had special healing powers, etc..that walked the earth.(because there are even people today with some psychic abilities and healing powers)...but..i DONT believe that God is his father, and in the whole immaculate conception thing......i think he was made like every other human being....SO, that being said..i have studied Wiccan, my SIL is in a coven here she even teaches it to new members...and, i was into that for awhile...BUT..again..if i dont/cant believe in a christian god...how can i believe in the gods and goddess in wicca teachings? i cant.....SO...i am just stuck...UGH! So, Jenna you just have to follow your soul..do you believe or not?

Last edited:
I, too, believe the Lord is reaching out to you. Christ and Christianity are about a relationship -- not religion.

Religion tries to bind you up in laws about what you can and cannot do, tells you that you aren't good enough for God unless you...whatever, etc. Religion also makes people believe that sitting in a church every Sunday (or even every time the doors open) is all it takes to be a Christian.

A relationship with Christ is different. In His word He tells us how much He loves us. He died to pay the penalty for our sins because He wants us to choose Him as the Lord of our life. Read the Bible and ask the Lord to help you understand what you're reading -- don't let any denomination or religion tell you that only they have the right interpretation on the Bible. Start reading with the Book of John. The Lord will answer your questions, and then lead you to a group of believers that will welcome you with open arms and open hearts.

When I was growing up, my mom really wanted me to become a psychic. She was so sure I had supernatural abilities. Thankfully, the door to Christ is always open. He doesn't look at your past. Instead He sees your future ("I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11)

Good luck, and be blessed, in all that you do.
smile.png

My mouth isn't agape, sweetheart. I don't condemn. That's not very Christian of me.

I, like everyone else has said, believe God is reaching to you. I thought that the second I read the post. God's door is always open. He doesn't look at your past. He's not condemning you, He's reaching for you. He's got a plan for you. I strongly believe that no matter of the bad in our past, God turns it around and uses it for His purpose, to reach people in the same situation.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like. I'm here to listen and help any way that I can.

Love;

Kimmie

I was raised Methodist, but was about the only non Mennonite in my grade school so that religion had a lot of influence on my life growing up. My husband was raised Mennonite and I joined the church shortly after we were married. We attended faithfully and raised our kids in that faith. About 10 years ago I stopped attending church for various reasons. I've always had a strong interest in pagen religion and Native American beliefs. If you asked me what I consider myself nowdays I honestly don't know what I'd say for sure. I still believe in parts of the Mennonite faith, but I also believe in the more "Mother Nature" parts of the pagen and Native American beliefs. I think "God" probably goes by several different names. I was never one of those people who thought someone else was bound for hell just because you didn't believe exactly like me. I'd like to think that we'll all be judged when our death comes by how we live our lives and not by what church building we go or don't go to.

Back
Top Bottom