Remember the original Thor? Meet his successor, Loki.

So good to see a post from you!!!!!
jumpy.gif
Missed you and all your animals' adventures! Thor was a great and wonderful roo, so great that when I got a Buff Brahma crowing 'pullet' there was the was no I would get rid of him. The solution to 1 roo and 4 pullets? Get more Brahmas, of course. And another pen. Is it just Ginger or do Brahma roos have exceptional alarm calls? About came out of my skin the first time he discovered his T rex roar for high flying hawks. Sounded like Jurassic Park in the backyard. Loki is beautiful, he has big feathered feet to fill but it looks like he is well on his way. Welcome back!

So good to see a post from you!!!!!
jumpy.gif
Missed you and all your animals' adventures! Thor was a great and wonderful roo, so great that when I got a Buff Brahma crowing 'pullet' there was the was no I would get rid of him. The solution to 1 roo and 4 pullets? Get more Brahmas, of course. And another pen. Is it just Ginger or do Brahma roos have exceptional alarm calls? About came out of my skin the first time he discovered his T rex roar for high flying hawks. Sounded like Jurassic Park in the backyard. Loki is beautiful, he has big feathered feet to fill but it looks like he is well on his way. Welcome back!
Thanks. Loki's crow is still in the making - love the deep baritone brahma crows. His alarm call is good enough to get the girls attention, so I'm happy.

The thing is, I have two geese now. The geese let EVERYONE know when there's a problem, long before the chickens notice anything amiss.

gritsar Loki is one good looking fellow! Eva and I have found the Bramhas to be the only birds for us. Just something special about them. And our Buff roo "Henpecked" is turning out to be a fine one,even with the gimpy leg.

Ohhhh my goodness, it's gritsar!!! HUGE hugs!!!!

Loki is handsome indeed.

Geese, huh? My Angus and Kate are really good Alarmists for my flock - no burglar on a bicycle will ever sneak onto my property... Nobody cam walk by the fence without their honking at 'em. None of the chickens or ducks can breed unless they are vewwy vewwy quite about it...

Missed you so much, gritty. Welcome back!

Welcome Back, good to see your name again Gritsar.
Loki looks like a wonderful roo, looks as though he will
do a good job for you in keeping all in order and being pleasant
to be around. Good luck with him, if anyone can raise a good roo it is you.

Back
Top Bottom