Repainting Coops... Coordinating Door Color? (Newer Pics,post #47)

It's looking great!
thumbsup.gif

I think you will have a very nice painting job, I am going to repaint my coop too, do you think it will bother my hens if I did the outside? does the smell of the paint bothers chickens?
Thank you.

I'd paint the body a dark blue with the garnet trim and make the little door sunflower gold. But that's just because I love blue!!
love.gif

Very nice home your chickies have, btw!

That does sound nice! I am trying to keep it somewhat woodsy-looking so it doesn't stand out too much up here on the mtn, though. Maybe a smaller bantam coop in the future? Hmm. Thanks for the color idea!

Omran, this is water based latex, Walmart brand. I dont detect any fumes, really. And painting the outside in the open air wont hurt the birds. Dries fast and any smell would be pretty much gone when dry.

I love the garnet trim. I think they will look great with the dark green (as long as it is dark enough and doesn't look too Christmassy) on the walls with the garnet trim. Reminds me of WPA national park cabins. I bet there are wood floors and a nice stone fireplace in there too!

Though I might do the pop door in an aubergine or chartreuse.

I just did a color schemer on it and aubergine or a limey chartreuse would look really good with the garnet and dark green. So those are my pop door color choices!

I like it! Can't wait to see it finished.

Back
Top Bottom