Requesting Advice...Before Monday!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by snowydiamonds, Dec 26, 2008.

1. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Its awkward...but its true what DH said years ago before we got divorced...I attract weirdo's...I'm a Weirdo Magnet...he used to get so frustrated and ask "What are you DOING?!?" And, I'm NOT doing anything!

Please tell me what you'd do if:

You worked w/your boss and he's recently divorced because he's got a girlfriend and he tells you the day before Christmas he misses being w/his family so he calls his x wife all day and then mentions he's making breakfast on Christmas Day for their two children at his house.

I kindly offer that he should not buy eggs and I will drop them off at his house when I drive my son to work because I haven't gathered eggs yet that day...

He says okay, (and since he's got the wife and the girlfriend's houses he visits) if his truck is not there, the door is open and just leave the eggs on the table.

Here's the awkward part: (Very awkward!) No one is home, I take one step to the table, leave egg carton there and see a card propped up, with my name written on envelope. I think its only a Christmas card so take it home and once warmed up and drinking coffee, open it. Its a Christmas card but on the inside is written:
    "To a beautiful woman" "from a secret admirer" and enclosed is forty bucks...

Do I need a new tattoo across my face that says: NOT Interested?

I'm a 53 y/o first time Grandmother, proud mother of five and LOVE my freedom after spending 21 years w/two women chasers. I wonder how this all came about??? My guess is he was drinking...

One thing, I'll never do that again! If I was still w/xDH #1, I would have taken the card & money back right then and there, left it on the door. If I was still w/Horrible #2 man, he'd have laughed and tried to take me out so I could buy drinks for him (I don't go out and don't drink). I am surely giving money back, threw away card after ripping it up and am thinking of looking for something snappy off the computer...

Guidance, PLEASE...for criminy's sake...why???

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I would have left the eggs, the note and the money like you never even saw it and left as quickly as possible and act like a prude around him rom now on. Some guys just never get it.

3. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Just say nothing.......act like you didn't get it. If he mentions it act like you don't have a clue what he's referring to.

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I'd say, sorry I got the wrong card, you must have mis wrote the names.

5. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I would hand him the card with the money back to him personally Monday and ask him where he got the idea that you were interested in a woman chasing loser in the first place, If he pushes the issue, slap him with a sexual harrassment threat. Thats why he didn't sign his name to the card,so you couldn't prove anything in court. Some mens ball$ are bigger than their brains.

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'd leave a thank you card, write inside of it that you donated it to a personal charity in his name. Put on the card that as much as you appreciate the Christmas bonus you don't feel it's appropriate to accept it on your own behalf but that you appreciate the donation to your charity. Then buy a bag of feed for you favorite charity.

7. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    Quote:Awesome idea [​IMG]

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    maybe it's his way of giving you a Christmas bonus?

take the money and don't make a deal about it.

next time he wants eggs...drop em outside at the door....if you are so inclined and going that way anyway or bring em to work.

if he continues with advances have a level headed cordial talk with him in a public place but privately...and tell him your not interested.

me,
    g

10. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    I would make sure he got his money back and I would tell him on no terms was I interested. It is not your fault and you shouldn't have to be the one that is going to feel uncomfortable with the situation, now or later. Let him have it, he will get the picture.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by