Rescue chickens

dpetzen

Chirping
Jul 26, 2018
New Zealand
I thought I'd present my lovely Georgina - before and after:
georgina-before-and-after-small.png

The picture to the left is from June and the right from November.

She came to me from the factory when she was 17 months old and was quite a different chicken from what she is now.

She has fully recovered and is now trying to catch up with the 1.5 years in the factory that was taken from her.

Her favourite hobbies are dust baths and chasing worms. She is a constant flurry of motion and have to run everywhere she's going.

I hope she gets at least a couple of years together with me and the other chooks. She is a joy to be around and is clearly loving being a chook :)

I thought I'd present my lovely Georgina - before and after:
View attachment 1587816
The picture to the left is from June and the right from November.

She came to me from the factory when she was 17 months old and was quite a different chicken from what she is now.

She has fully recovered and is now trying to catch up with the 1.5 years in the factory that was taken from her.

Her favourite hobbies are dust baths and chasing worms. She is a constant flurry of motion and have to run everywhere she's going.

I hope she gets at least a couple of years together with me and the other chooks. She is a joy to be around and is clearly loving being a chook :)

What a transformation!
Has she flown yet?
The rescue hens I’ve had here it seems have never had the opportunity to fly and when they finally make that unplanned leap and instinct opens the wings they look totally flabbergasted when they land, albeit a bit untidily.
It’s a complete tear jerk moment.
You’ve done a fantastic job.:clap:clap:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom