Rescue Duck. Please don’t chastise me.

D492D562-08D3-494B-AC89-D00C48C91214.jpeg
Latest attempt was today. He wouldn’t get within reach. He knows I’m after him. There were less ducks present but still too many. They get in the way and I don’t want to murder ducks by accidentally stomping on them. There are always several between me and him. That would kind of cancel out my good deed, now wouldn’t it?! It’s about 60 degrees today and there were still a lot of people at the park feeding the ducks. I’m not giving up. I think it should be much easier when more of his friends fly south, it gets colder and there are less people feeding him. He should be feeling more desperate for food and that should give me a chance at catching the bugger. Trust me, if I catch him, I’ll post about it here immediately after with pics.

Have you thought of asking some of those feeding him an the others if they’ll help like walk between him and the lake and kinda of make a human barricade so he can get to the water so fast.

I did think about it but I’m a little worried that I will get a mouth full from someone who doesn’t understand. It takes explaining that this duck is in danger and he’s a pet, not a wild animal. I don’t want to ask anyone to do anything they feel uncomfortable doing, or have an embarrassing confrontation because someone thinks I’m some sort of nut job chasing around wild ducks. Just having an audience makes me feel uncomfortable and I worry about someone calling the police on me!

Back
Top Bottom